Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What Next for Star Wars MOVIES?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
What Next for Star Wars MOVIES?

WiGhTkNiGhtt
01.08.2012 , 04:18 PM | #1
OK we ve had the masterpiece Original trilogy, the abomination that were the Prequels (not even gonna mention the silly clone wars cartoons) but what next?

How about making episodes 7,8 and 9. Obviously re casting the original Characters.

Is the logical step to make the "Thrawn Trilogy" then perhaps even moving onto the "Jedi Academy Trilogy"?

What do you folks reckon? Will Lucas ever do it? If he does allow it will he make a pile of crap like the Prequels or allow someone else a shot?

Vecke
01.08.2012 , 04:38 PM | #2
Lucas has explicitly stated that there will be no more Star Wars feature films.

While that could change, right now there are no plans.

For me personally, I would love to see some Star Wars films that aren't about the Skywalker line. A young Han Solo movie, maybe? Or perhaps a war movie about infantry (similar to Battlefront)? Or something completely original that's a powerful story but doesn't hold the fate of the galaxy in the plot.
"I know."

bfishback
01.08.2012 , 04:44 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Vecke View Post
This.

Even so, I'm sure Lucas would just create his own story. I could never see Lucas using someone else's ideas..

Wolfninjajedi
01.08.2012 , 04:45 PM | #4
Theres nothing else for movies, even if they did you know what would happen? People would piss, ***** and moan just like they did with the PT because it isn't what they imagined the movies to be. Example they make/release movies about Boba Fett or Thrawn about their lives, some changes occur that are different from the books and such.

Fan: "BS! Thats not how it happened in the book, change it so it makes sense. My way or the highway, I hate these new movies! I want them to be exactly how I imagined them to be!"

Fan #2 : "Those were not good movies at all, you guys completely screwed up their personality! CGI is terrible, actors were bad! I hate these movies now, and I want everyone to hate them too. So i'll post on a forum and take out my frustration and make other people hate them aswell!"

It would go on like that for quite some time, so theres really no need for any new movies. Besides we got a ton of books, comics, games etc that describe post ROTJ we don't need anything else.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

ScubaStevo
01.08.2012 , 04:56 PM | #5
I think it would be awesome if they made Knights of the Old Republic into a live action feature film. Christian Bale as Revan, Kate Breckenstale as Bastila, and Jason Statham as Malak...EPIC. Maybe have Morgan Freeman as Jolee Bindo. Think about that.

Purgman
01.08.2012 , 05:09 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by ScubaStevo View Post
I think it would be awesome if they made Knights of the Old Republic into a live action feature film. Christian Bale as Revan, Kate Breckenstale as Bastila, and Jason Statham as Malak...EPIC. Maybe have Morgan Freeman as Jolee Bindo. Think about that.
As awesome as Morgan Freeman would be as Jolee, you know as well as I do that people would just **** moan and complain about every little detail because it's not EXACTLY how they imagined it would be. Star Wars "fans" are truly the worst fans on the world.

WiGhTkNiGhtt
01.08.2012 , 05:09 PM | #7
How about someone like Christopher Nolan having a crack at Star Wars?

George Lucas almost completely hands off.

You can't tell me you don't want to see that? Can you.....

WiGhTkNiGhtt
01.08.2012 , 05:12 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Purgman View Post
As awesome as Morgan Freeman would be as Jolee, you know as well as I do that people would just **** moan and complain about every little detail because it's not EXACTLY how they imagined it would be. Star Wars "fans" are truly the worst fans on the world.
I don't see a lot of people moaning about the Original trilogy.

I do however see a lot of people moaning about the Prequels, and RIGHTLY so.

Is it too much to expect a decent storyline with good writing? Not having the entire film a huge CGI fake fest?

There is nothing wrong with Star Wars fans but everything wrong with recent efforts of Star Wars filmmaking.

Look at LOTR, all the fans would have had different imaginations of the story but those movies are universaly and critically commended.

Why? because they are good well made films.

Kharnis
01.08.2012 , 05:24 PM | #9
I'd like to think that the hypothetical Episodes 7, 8, and 9 could be much, much better than the Thrawn Trilogy.
Proud member of "The Loose Canons" Cartel.
Fan Fics
Completed:
Ongoing:

BrandonSM
01.08.2012 , 05:25 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Vecke View Post

When did he state that?

I remember in a youtube interview, he stated after making the entire six 3D he will begin the next trilogy of movies.
Hapan: "This creature has information that could lead us to a woman who has been kidnapped. We will get that information."
Luke: "This woman is a citizen of the New Republic, and if you do not take your hands off her, I will take your hands off you."