Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Make Mirror classes actual mirrors

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Make Mirror classes actual mirrors

Torleen
01.08.2012 , 12:05 PM | #161
Quote: Originally Posted by Jaecex View Post
Class differences make it more interesting...more diversity IMO!!!

It is only more interesting if you are on the side who's "diversity" gives them a serious advantage across the board. And consistently the imperial classes have this.
Want to hunt griefers/gankers?
Do you like to PVP, OR RP, OR both, or either?
Honor might just be the guild for you!

clericz
01.08.2012 , 12:09 PM | #162
Quote: Originally Posted by Shadowclaimer View Post
Regardless, it all needs to be perfectly mirrored for RvR to be competitive. Warhammer failed this miserably (Hello Bright Wizards), don't make the same mistake again.
i guess you won't be surprised then to find that the Warhammer guys from Mythic actually have their claws into the pvp side of this game, i heard they were hired on as consultants or something and yes this smells just like the same crap we had to deal with in warhammer. however warhammer was SOOO much worse as far as "mirror classes" went, at least swtor made some attempt at it.
Overkill is underrated...

Jaecex
01.08.2012 , 12:11 PM | #163
Quote: Originally Posted by Torleen View Post
It is only more interesting if you are on the side who's "diversity" gives them a serious advantage across the board. And consistently the imperial classes have this.
Imperials are dirty, republic fights with calm and honor. Different ideas/styles/mindsets

MethodSZ
01.08.2012 , 12:19 PM | #164
bump, would like to see the developer's excuse for this

Torleen
01.08.2012 , 12:20 PM | #165
Quote: Originally Posted by Jaecex View Post
Imperials are dirty, republic fights with calm and honor. Different ideas/styles/mindsets
Mindset I can handle. The classes not being true mirrors consistently in favor of one faction however is a game breaker that will cause to a lot of lost subscriptions if they don't fix it.
Want to hunt griefers/gankers?
Do you like to PVP, OR RP, OR both, or either?
Honor might just be the guild for you!

Abanoth
01.08.2012 , 12:24 PM | #166
Quote: Originally Posted by Thelongroad View Post
Not to mention Full Auto, which is complete crap compared to the Bounty Hunter version. Its almost like Bioware-Mythic intended us to roll Empire.
They want to sure somebody's playing Huttball.

clericz
01.08.2012 , 12:24 PM | #167
Quote: Originally Posted by Zaphir View Post
Full Auto loses casting time if you're hit during the channel, Unload doesn't. If you're hit even once, you'll do one less tick of damage, which is a significant hit to the overall damage the ability does.

It's a pretty huge difference IMO, and actually makes FA much less useful in PVE as well (as long as you're taking any damage at all).
lies, Unload does loose casting time from being hit, it happens to me ALL THE TIME

Magnesium
01.08.2012 , 12:28 PM | #168
Hopefully these issues in the OP are being looked at and the whole stun issue with full resolve makes a lot of sense on what I have seen.

Aquatium Only in Light can a Shadow exist
Maelstrom
Recruitment Video | Website | Forums | YouTube Channel | Recruitment Post

clericz
01.08.2012 , 12:33 PM | #169
Quote: Originally Posted by Oghier View Post
Everyone does, or should agree that mirrors should be mirrors. Animations should not result in faction balance issues. That said, there are two abilities with which I have personal experience (BH Death from Above and IA Backstab), and in both cases, the OP's descriptions are inaccurate. DFA is not instant damage - there is a lengthy delay for the animation. Similarly, backstab (and shiv) are delayed while the agent draws a blade to perform them.

In short, I think the OP's agenda is correct. However, I suspect his facts -- or at least some of hem -- may not be.
agreed, DFA had about a 1.5 second delay on damage, click ability, you fly up in the air, missiles shoot back down, THEN you do damage. Plus half the time i use it it doesn't fire off because the server side still thinks i'm running around and the ability can't be used while moving. Literally have to stand still for a half second and THEN click the ability which puts you at roughly 2second delay. Most of the time people have moved out of the way by then.

Qini
01.08.2012 , 12:39 PM | #170
Quote: Originally Posted by Torleen View Post
Mindset I can handle. The classes not being true mirrors consistently in favor of one faction however is a game breaker that will cause to a lot of lost subscriptions if they don't fix it.

Ending up everyone rerolling empire.

On my server for example empire wins 75% of all WZ. Another funny thing i made a BH for fun checked how many ppl who were in the zone... guess what 89 then i went back to republic fleet and we had 111 ppl there. And 4 guys in our trooper starting zone.

BALANCE!!!

Have fun playing your 1 faction game.