What the hell's up with the drop system?

I'm running Cademimu with my level 45 agent to try and get various pieces of gear to make my companions not look like they fell into a vat full of clown props. Strange thing is, I almost always get the exact same drops from the exact same guys every run. For instance, I ran Cademimu 21 times today and got sharpshooters pants 19 of those 21 times from the first boss, and so on with the other bosses. It seems like only medium armor drops and only rifles or sniper rifles, very rarely anything else. From what I've read of other posts, it seems like an instance is tuned to drop optimal gear for your character 99% of the time.

This is all well and good when 4 people run an instance at the right level. Naturally you don't want them to waste thier time for gear they can't equip. However, this makes it next to impossible to get specific pieces of orange quality gear, (from below level instances) for yourself or companions to try and combat the problem of looking like a booze addled hobo who stumbled through the set of Queer Eye for the Straight Guy. Does it seems like the drop system is tuned this way to you, or am I just horribly unluckly? I find it hard to believe the RNG is at fault when I get the exact same piece of gear from the exact same boss 19 out of 21 times...

I'm running Cademimu with my level 45 agent to try and get various pieces of gear to make my companions not look like they fell into a vat full of clown props. Strange thing is, I almost always get the exact same drops from the exact same guys every run. For instance, I ran Cademimu 21 times today and got sharpshooters pants 19 of those 21 times from the first boss, and so on with the other bosses. It seems like only medium armor drops and only rifles or sniper rifles, very rarely anything else. From what I've read of other posts, it seems like an instance is tuned to drop optimal gear for your character 99% of the time.

This is all well and good when 4 people run an instance at the right level. Naturally you don't want them to waste thier time for gear they can't equip. However, this makes it next to impossible to get specific pieces of orange quality gear, (from below level instances) for yourself or companions to try and combat the problem of looking like a booze addled hobo who stumbled through the set of Queer Eye for the Straight Guy. Does it seems like the drop system is tuned this way to you, or am I just horribly unluckly? I find it hard to believe the RNG is at fault when I get the exact same piece of gear from the exact same boss 19 out of 21 times...

The loot in those instances isn't meant for your companion and as such will be tuned to players not companions. Sorry about your bad luck, but that is just the case. Anything truly meant for companions had their name on the piece of gear from quest rewards.

The loot in those instances isn't meant for your companion and as such will be tuned to players not companions. Sorry about your bad luck, but that is just the case. Anything truly meant for companions had their name on the piece of gear from quest rewards.

you missed the point....anything bound to you is also usable by your companions....

OP, I believe you are just getting bad rolls on loot. Keep trying is the only advice I can offer.

Fun fact: normal mode flashpoints will only drop loot relevant to the class of the players in the instance. You will eternally get agent loot because you are an agent.

When me and a buddy rolled Merc alts and we 2 manned Black Talon repeatedly, every single boss dropped a piece of Bounty Hunter gear without exception. We ran 6 or 7 times, and every boss dropped the same thing every run. This didn't just happen with our BH's, but also Inquisitors, Warriors, blah blah. Made gearing up those first few levels hilariously simple.

Oh well, with our 4 man Hardmode Setup. Sentinel, Shadow Tank, Scroundel Healer and Commando DPS we thought we pretty much got the perfect setup for using all the loots that can drop... WRONG.

Our Commando is pretty much full geared and has every item from every Hardmode Flashpoint + half full Healgear, while our Shadow Tank got pretty much 3-4 Items, the Sentinel 5 and the Scroundel 7-9. (Even my Companion Seargent Rusk, wears the Columi Set Piece Chest for Trooper :D)

Maybe it's just unfortunate, but for us...the loot tables are srsly broken.

PS: Best Setup, Vangaurd Tank, 2 Commando DPS and a Commando Healer... :D

Edited by Sath_Wishes

Fun fact: normal mode flashpoints will only drop loot relevant to the class of the players in the instance. You will eternally get agent loot because you are an agent.

Not entirely accurate. A friend of mine and I, Sith Sorceror and Sith Juggernaut respectively, have run Black Talon 3 times now. Aside from the fact that I have yet to see the Juggernaut chest or saber drop and she's had 2 chest and 2 saber drops, we also got the Operative chest on one run...with no Agent. Though, it does make a rather spiffy chest piece for Vette.

Not entirely accurate. A friend of mine and I, Sith Sorceror and Sith Juggernaut respectively, have run Black Talon 3 times now. Aside from the fact that I have yet to see the Juggernaut chest or saber drop and she's had 2 chest and 2 saber drops, we also got the Operative chest on one run...with no Agent. Though, it does make a rather spiffy chest piece for Vette.

I've experienced something similar as well. I presume there's a small chance that an item unrelated to the current group will drop. It can be quite useful actually, as it's one of the few chances where it's completely safe to roll for one of your companions (provided that you ask first, as always).

Yeah, I've had pieces of heavy armour drop (three so far) and a piece of light armour, but that's after days of farming the same instance. Funy thing is, I've been trying to get the sharpshooters gloves from Cademimu, the ONLY piece of medium, agent specific gear I've yet to see drop and so far, no dice. Get the pants almost every run, and the jacket, but not the gloves. I never saw the flaw in the loot drop system when I was leveling up, but now that I go back and try to have a little control over how my companions look, said flaw is glaring at me.