Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Guide] The Sith Assassin's Codex

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sith Inquisitor > Assassin
[Guide] The Sith Assassin's Codex

Absit
01.05.2012 , 03:11 PM | #91
Regarding Alacrity. When you say Alacrity makes your DoTs take effect faster, does that just mean the cast time is decreased, or that the actual damage increments are decreased? It seems current reading suggests Alacrity ONLY affects cast time. If that's the case, given Force Lightning isn't technically a DoT (doesn't heal, doesn't use Deathmarks), and Crushing Darkness is instant cast on proc, is Alacrity really worth anything to a Madness Assassin?

Eitri
01.05.2012 , 03:55 PM | #92
Quote: Originally Posted by Angina View Post
Question about the Madness PVE build and priority. I'm not yet 50 so I have not had the chance to experiment with everything but I'm wondering if 8/2/31 will be the better build for PVE madness.

My suspicion is that the buffs to thrash and the relatively low force regen makes trying to use Maul in our rotation not worth it. I suspect that we won't have the extra force and time to work in Maul effectively making those three points very low yield to benefit ratio.

What I propose is that the extra 3% damage from electric execution in darkness tree and having a burst CD from the two points in dark embrace (force cloak then spam assassinate/thrash/shock with increased force regen) and dropping Maul from the priority list. We would then use Thrash/lacerate/assassinate when no dots need refreshing and you don't need force. I'm also under the impression that each attack from thrash can individually proc your Raze ability which is our biggest DPS boost of all (especially on fights with more than one target).

Once I have more information about the damage that our lightsaber charges do at level 50 and what the relative damage of Thrash and buffed maul will be, then I can run some math to back this idea up.
I'm thinking the same as you. Even at 50% force cost, Maul is quite expensive and it doesn't seem worth it to move behind an enemy for procs, especially when sharing aggro with a companion. Anyone have good results with this?

Edited to add another question:
The Madness rotation lists Force Lighting. I mostly solo and I haven't been using it since at least one mob is usually attacking me and I assume it'll get knocked back too much to be very useful. Does the madness rotation shown in the guide assume a tank will have aggro? Is it just so good that even with knockback it's worth using when soloing?

CkMobster
01.06.2012 , 02:33 PM | #93
Does anyone know what amount of Accuracy ensures you never miss vs. Ops Bosses? is it straight 100% or are they higher level mobs so it's 105%?

Fistandamus
01.06.2012 , 08:00 PM | #94
Amazing guide!

Thx 4 the work ^.^

-Aren-
01.07.2012 , 06:32 AM | #95
Amazing guide, thanks a lot..

Rammone-X
01.07.2012 , 08:05 AM | #96
This is exactly what I needed, and I'm glad o know that after reading your guide, I realized that i'm some what on the right track with my Sith Assasin. Thank you so much for this.

If you have the time, I would love to see another guide by yo on say a Jedi Knight or Imperial Agent.

Thanks once again

Horowitz
01.07.2012 , 12:18 PM | #97
Hi, I read the guide and if I have been understand, for the priority stats of the Assassin Deception is :

Willpower > Accuracy (cap) > Critic > surge > power

but I begin to buy the Columi Set (stalker's) and I see "all" pieces have Power and Accuracy stats.

It's normal ? You think other item (saber, relic etc...) need critic/surge stats, and the set is for the accuracy cap and power ?

Ps: Sorry for my english ^^

candi_
01.07.2012 , 12:24 PM | #98
Quote: Originally Posted by Decembrist View Post
Question: how do you tell when Duplicity (or anything else for that matter) procs? Is there some kind of visual or fly text that I'm missing?
thanks!
Yep, there is no standard Raid UI for this game telling you "HEY, USE YOUR <Insert Skill Here> NOW"

Just keep an eye out on your frames and you will be fine.

Plus, tankasin's = the tankadin's of SWTOR. 7 Seconds of spamming and building threat, followed by 30 seconds of "Thrash, Thrash, Proc, Thrash, Thrash, Taunt, Thrash Thrash, etc..."

Ahltahir
01.07.2012 , 06:34 PM | #99
a very helpful guide thank you for the post

augerwtf
01.07.2012 , 09:08 PM | #100
Why do none of these builds use Insulate? At least for someone at lower level where we're not using Discharge all the time? Seems like a good low cost boost to survivability with little downside (Lightening Charge (sp?) doesn't seem that useful to my level 12).