Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Which spec to level with?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Which spec to level with?

Linius
12.13.2011 , 06:33 PM | #1
Just wondering, I did not get the chance to play in the beta even though i got an invite but just wondering i have been look through each class on which i would like to play most and the Jedi Consular caught my eye. Being a healer in previous MMO experiences this is certainly the class im going to play as. Just wondering, what would be a good spec to level with?

P.S. I have not played the game so if you can/cannot respec your advanced class at end game or so please say!

Thankyou.

DorkyPanda
12.13.2011 , 06:44 PM | #2
As of now you can't change your advanced class

Playing and leveling as a healer is totally different then say WoW (please don't kill me) You have a companion hanging out with you and you still have a good amount of offensive abilities =)

Felspawn
12.13.2011 , 06:47 PM | #3
honestly wow is irrelevant here. in wow it was a pain to level as a healer or tank (at least in the early days) in TOR you have companions that do a good job tanking, healing or DPSing. Play the role you want and just roll with a companion thats a good fit. ie a tanking Juggernaut with Vette or a healing consular with Qyzen or Zenith

Linius
12.13.2011 , 06:51 PM | #4
Ah! thanks for the feed back i see the system in place now. in that case leveling up as a healer it is Thankyou so much!

Alikain
12.13.2011 , 06:53 PM | #5
If you enjoy healing then i will say to go with the seer spec. your first companion you get is a tank and he can hold all the aggro whiles you heal him. you can also spam some dps but it will not be as great as say someone who spec in balance or telekinetics build.
Fear is a disease; hope is its only cure.
Compromise is a virtue to be cultivated, not a weakness to be despised.
Belief is not a matter of choice, but of conviction.
Trust in your friends, and they’ll have reason to trust in you.

Degini
12.14.2011 , 02:29 AM | #6
Spec guide for Sages and the various specs

http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...php?t=638#Seer

Kitru
12.14.2011 , 02:57 AM | #7
Since you can always respec within your AC, it's important to ask how exactly you plan on leveling.

If you don't plan on grouping up much, Seer is going to take longer because, although it is perfectly capable of leveling, its damage is lower and you don't really need a healer while doing random quests. Balance or TK are going to be excellent builds if you plan on leveling via questing alone. If you really want to heal, you can just respec when you hit 50.

If you do plan on grouping up a lot, Seer is going to be your best bet. Healers are always in high demand for groups and, even when you're out questing alone, you'll be able to do many Heroic (re: group) quests by yourself, with the assistance of a good companion (re: Qyzen), by healing him as he does all the work.
Walls of Text? I *love* Walls of Text!
My New Class Idea
Shadow Class Rep - Suggest/Review Questions Here
Quote: Originally Posted by Fende View Post
Listen to Kitru. Kitru knows all.

JLRyan
12.14.2011 , 03:32 AM | #8
do realize that at least 10-20 seer vs tk spec isnt really going to make much difference in dmg vs healing.

If your not going to group alot then TK spec still allows for moderate healing but it wont be optimized. As the post above said, random questing/storyline wont require hardcore healing any how.