Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

start wars episode 7,prequel?

Geekiskhan
01.04.2012 , 09:56 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by opticmax View Post
maybe the episode 1 and 2 wasnt the best and were more based on money and maketing but lucas written the 4,5,6 too
No, he didn't.

Lawrence Kasdan wrote 5 and 6. Lucas did do the story (not the screenplay) for all three, and wrote 4, and co-wrote 6. However, he didn't touch the screenplay for 5, which is usually considered the best of the series.

Lucas gets a lot more credit than he deserves. Read number 5: http://www.cracked.com/article_19576...ch-credit.html

Sandmanmr
01.04.2012 , 10:08 PM | #22
Dark Empire trilogy anyone? naww jk empires end ended so abruptly and seemed amateurish

Okovango
01.04.2012 , 11:21 PM | #23
I've never read any of the books, the unofficail 7,8,9. But i really think that they should just leave it how it is, anything else would just seem like its totally stretching the story. Sorry to bring this to a starwars forum but its alot like Harry Potter where everyone is like yeah make new movies about the children yada yada. But when you really think about it, like i said it would just be stretching it too far, it lasted long enough and i think we should just leave it where it is.
Savvaaj- Sorcerer Okovango- Operative
Invalid Target
The Harbinger

CptZeal
01.07.2012 , 05:57 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Rayla_Felana View Post
The only thing that will happen is exactly what happened with Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter, they will be well received but all the fans of the books and the character will flame it like no tomorrow because of inevitable changes that happen when you transcribe a book to script, there is no need for it to be made in the end.

A whole new set of movies? perhaps, but please god don't let Lucas have anything to do with them, and i hope to god it has nothing to do with the Skywalkers, we'll already have a million new pieces of content centered on Revan's descendants, we all know it's going to happen.
Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa! I read the LoTR books (including The Hobbit), and I thought the movies were incredibly amazing.

Triffid
01.07.2012 , 10:26 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by BrandonSM View Post
No.

I don't want to see any movie on a book series, not even the thrawn trilogy. He needs to create a new era and start off with a clean slate.
We need stuff set 4000 years in the future. I love the whole Tales of the Jedi stuff but it would be interesting to see how things went in a galaxy far far...in the future.

BrandonSM
01.07.2012 , 03:55 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by CptZeal View Post
Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa! I read the LoTR books (including The Hobbit), and I thought the movies were incredibly amazing.
Same. And for HP with the exception of HBP and GoF. Those are the only 2 movies in the HP series that didn't follow the books.
Hapan: "This creature has information that could lead us to a woman who has been kidnapped. We will get that information."
Luke: "This woman is a citizen of the New Republic, and if you do not take your hands off her, I will take your hands off you."

Shottp
01.07.2012 , 06:31 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by opticmax View Post
maybe the episode 1 and 2 wasnt the best and were more based on money and maketing but lucas written the 4,5,6 too
Sorry, Hon. Lucas wrote SOME of 4.... that's IT. 5 and 6 were only screenplays with novel adaptations by other writers. The only reason 5 was good was because Kirschner was a genius and new how to direct actors and scenes in a way that audiences could identify with the character and be drawn in to the story. Even 6 was a "prequel to the prequels" bad acting, almost no story arc, a hurried and stale ending, and F-ing EWOKS for chrissake!

1, 2, and 3 were all hype and glitz, with no story, no characters with any depth, and a complete betrayal of the history established in the first 3 movies. OF COURSE they were about MONEY, they certainly weren't about creating "modern mythology" like Lucas used to describe ANH... He obviously only had a small idea and had to have others to expand... Too bad he didn't choose people who actually cared about the story, the characters, the mythology; just, as you said, money and marketing (which is actually also money).

Shottp
01.07.2012 , 06:35 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkMorlin View Post
As Dirty Harry said "A mans got to know his limitations". Lucas, while he deserves his position as the legendary creator of Star Wars, went beyond his limits in trying to direct the prequels, and took something that could have been EPIC and made it 'good'.
Couldn't have said it better!

Restepor
01.07.2012 , 06:41 PM | #29
I'm behind Lucas being the writer but I want someone else to direct. The problem with Lucas is that he was given to much control for those films and what he said went, no matter what. If he had someone who told him not to do something, or to reconsider something I think that the movies could really go somewhere.

Drahh
01.07.2012 , 07:37 PM | #30
Its bad enough Geore Lucas said he had the prequels written before the original movies were made (I find that to be a crock of crap) Dont let George write anymore Star Wars movies. The last 3 were so thrown together.