Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Dungeon Finder Needed Badly.

StealthLightning
01.07.2012 , 04:36 PM | #1011
Quote: Originally Posted by Vlaxitov View Post
Way more fun to play with than someone who treats or talks to you like dung during an instance because auto grouping makes you expendable.
Exactly. People would rather run an instance in 30 minutes with trolls then spend twice as much time trying to organizes groups. Otherwise, people will just choose not to use LFD and it won't affect the game.

Sooper
01.07.2012 , 04:37 PM | #1012
Quote: Originally Posted by poppen View Post
I beg to differ, like i said there were a few nasties on our server pre LFD but they did get a bad rep and were [pretty much forced to re-roll some place else.

Soon after LFD arrived the amount of trolls, griefers, ninjas etc on the server I played on started to rise immensly, they knew they could behave like that because they would always find a group thanks to LFD.

Pre-LFD they had to behave, after they showed their true colors, like I said, i don't object to same server LFD but cross server DOES ruin communities.
That really has nothing to do with the LFD it has everything to do with an influx in the population of the game the unfortunate truth is that every game has d bags and ninjas but the percentage of the population that are is about the same between games. At the time wow had ~12million players and unfortunately that means that they had a higher d bag count than this game has subscribers.

Nitewolfe
01.07.2012 , 04:42 PM | #1013
A lfd tool is going to happen. Its just a matter of time as BW gets up to speed.
Every major mmo today has a lfd tool of some sort. It is a common mmo tool in todays market. With out its its like buying a TV and finding out once you got home that there was no remote!
Inside the box is a note saying that the company feels that people are getting lazy so they decided to not include a remote so you have to get up to change channels or volume.

Daisai
01.07.2012 , 04:57 PM | #1014
Quote: Originally Posted by carnac_fett View Post
I don't see what a dungeon finder has to do with the destruction of community. Can you elaborate on your strange comment?
If you played for example wow before the dungeon finder (cross realm) and after then you know what he is talking about.

SithEBM
01.07.2012 , 05:11 PM | #1015
People are getting too crazy on the "Preserve a good community".

Just because YOU want to wait 1-6 hrs to find a group, doesn't mean we should. If the argument was "I want cross server LFG" vs "It destroys our community" then fine, that is 100% understandable.

But, when the argument transforms into "I want a single server LFG" vs a "People are getting too lazy and I was able to wait 6 hrs back in the day, so you should to", then that is so wrong.

In no way, does that destroy a community. If a person ninjas, he will be known as a ninja. All someone has to do, is announce it to everyone. If someone doesn't want to wait 1-6 hrs to find a group, then more power to them. Personally, my limitations are 2 hrs MAX(for a flashpoint), and 6-8hrsMAX(For an Operation, which I haven't done yet).

Stop being selfish. The only thing that I would accept as an argument vrsing single server is this: Allow level 40's-50's to use it only. That way, you can build up your friendships for 29 levels. However, the lower levels would start complaining, but that would be for another thread.

Back in the day, PS2 online, we never had a mic. We had to communicate either by "messaging before a matchup", or "Jumping up and down/shooting at something".

Just because I never used a mic(They had them, but it was a late bloomer), I don't / never complained that Xbox/PS3 users shouldn't use them. How would you feel if TV remotes were never invented? Would you argue that's a good thing because people are becoming too lazy? Hey, who needs cars, when people had horses, they were able to converse with eachother while riding.

Why have your own private house? I feel as if every person should live in the same home, and get to know eachother. You know, because if a family decides to live within their own house, then there won't be as much communication.

Also, get rid of cell phones/house phones, along with the Internet. People should instead, walk / ride their horse to their friends house and see if they can hangout. It's worth wasting 30 minutes riding/walking to their house only to find out that they can't. It's the communication that matters.

GalacticKegger
01.07.2012 , 06:08 PM | #1016
Cross server Dungeon Finders, Raid Finders, Life Finders, etc. makes it entirely too easy for riff raff to get away with what riff raff does. Having the queues restricted to same servers puts consequences back into people's actions. I believe that is one of the key "community" concerns being expressed, and is more than valid in evironments where people coexist - virtually or otherwise.
"I bled protecting The People's right to free speech; thus I reserve the right to make them bleed for abusing it."
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ~ Edmund Burke‎
"There is no instance of a country having benefitted from a prolonged war." ~ Sun Tsu

Yvin
01.07.2012 , 06:15 PM | #1017
Hello everyone!

Since this thread has exceeded 1,000 posts, we've recreated the discussion. Please continue discussing wishes for a dungeon finder or a more robust version of the current Looking for Group tool here: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=146196

Enjoy!