Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Orange (Moddable) Techblade, Any Leads?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Orange (Moddable) Techblade, Any Leads?

MrRaptorJesus
01.04.2012 , 08:05 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Syaran View Post
Apparently the weapon for Qyzen from this questline is actually NOT moddable, contrary to pretty much every other damn companion's reward...only option is the craftable route but since the techblades are only used for these companions nobody is making the damn things...

Yeah, noticed this yesterday. On the bright side, it's repeatable daily so you can get weapons for all of your companions in this manner.

MrRaptorJesus
01.04.2012 , 08:06 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Argeno View Post
Would you happen to know where the bonus quest line starts?

Thanks in advance.... I REALLY need a teckblade for Vic.
That line might have started on Belsavis' space station but honestly I don't remember, sorry.

Khadroth
01.04.2012 , 08:34 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by MrRaptorJesus View Post
That line might have started on Belsavis' space station but honestly I don't remember, sorry.
It's actually on the republic fleet from a mission terminal (I assume the same for imperials) in the inner ring runs around the outside of the cantina.
The Starwind Legacy Anchorhead (PvP East)
"Tsu" 50 Miraluka Bala Sage "Soge" 3 Chiss Sniper
"Roronoa" 10 Pureblood Sentinel "Ashellia" 12 Borg PT
"Gene" 50 Human Gunslinger "Erza" 11 Human Jugg
"Shocktrooper" 16 Borg Comm "Hei" 1 Chiss Assassin

Argeno
01.04.2012 , 12:15 PM | #14
Thanks, and I guess taking armstech was a good thing.... working on getting him a blue blade form of the 'Exalted Gladiator's Techblade'

Shillen
01.07.2012 , 04:39 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Khadroth View Post
Yep, there is no orange moddable techblade even when there should be one based on all other rewards lol.

I suspect the reason there isn't is due to the fact that barring it using a barrel instead of a hilt you'd never be able to find an aim hilt to put in it. Then again at least they could have made the mod and enhancement slots moddable still. I dunno, BW really screwed the pooch when it came to Qyzen's itemization/stats. They may have had legitimate reasons for taking the route they did, but it's still just caused more problems.
Troopers have a companion that uses a techblade with aim primary stat also (IMO he's the best companion to use for a DPS or healing commando). So it's not like this is a unique problem.

EcrirTwyLar
01.07.2012 , 05:40 PM | #16
There is quite a few of them listed in Torhead. But the locations aren't available yet.

avezes
01.12.2012 , 09:44 AM | #17
You can buy mod-able weapons for every other companion with commendations.
I am pretty sure that Qyzen is just forgotten.
They will notice one day.

Khadroth
01.12.2012 , 09:47 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Shillen View Post
Troopers have a companion that uses a techblade with aim primary stat also (IMO he's the best companion to use for a DPS or healing commando). So it's not like this is a unique problem.
Oh I know, Troopers aren't even the only other one. Smugglers get Akaavi too who has the same problem, and the Imperials have their own mirrors. That's partly why it's really dumb. BW has all these companions now that have itemization problems just because they wouldn't make the graphic of strength armor look like trooper/BH armor when worn by certain companions.

gtrunks
01.13.2012 , 12:00 AM | #19
You can also use strength for Qyzen. It does the same amount of bonus damage so you can use the jedi knight mods. Still the problem with the orange techblade which no one makes because no one really needs it

Khadroth
01.13.2012 , 09:14 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by gtrunks View Post
You can also use strength for Qyzen. It does the same amount of bonus damage so you can use the jedi knight mods. Still the problem with the orange techblade which no one makes because no one really needs it
Strength only buffs his melee, not his tech dmg which accounts for a lot of his abilities.