Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Kudos to BioWare for the waves process.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Kudos to BioWare for the waves process.

luggypm
12.14.2011 , 02:54 AM | #1
Well last night my client finally finished installing, and now says that I dont have an active sub.

Thats fine, I didnt preorder till last Sunday and didn't redeem the code till Monday morning (because the whole site was undergoing maintenance). I dont expect to get in for ages.

I like the entry by waves process. I cant think of an MMO I played that I could actually play on launch day. In fact I've left off buying lot of MMOs for a week because I knew that would happen.

So kudos to BioWare for attempting to do something different - the industry stagnates if no one tries changes.

The only thing I'd have changed is the order. I would have started letting beta testers in first, starting with those who'd submitted the most bug reports and then downwards. Reward those who helped.

Xassifax
12.14.2011 , 03:11 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by luggypm View Post
Well last night my client finally finished installing, and now says that I dont have an active sub.

Thats fine, I didnt preorder till last Sunday and didn't redeem the code till Monday morning (because the whole site was undergoing maintenance). I dont expect to get in for ages.

I like the entry by waves process. I cant think of an MMO I played that I could actually play on launch day. In fact I've left off buying lot of MMOs for a week because I knew that would happen.

So kudos to BioWare for attempting to do something different - the industry stagnates if no one tries changes.

The only thing I'd have changed is the order. I would have started letting beta testers in first, starting with those who'd submitted the most bug reports and then downwards. Reward those who helped.
But they denied you of even trying to participate in the launch day... Some people, including me, think launch day and the initial race is the best thing ever. You get to see the same group of people follow around you and feel a big satisfaction when you pull ahead of someone. SW:TOR doesn't have that.

Even if i got in on wave 1, the servers would be empty and it would just be a solo grind. Hard to play a MMO without the multiplayer part.

-Arcane-
12.14.2011 , 03:12 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by luggypm View Post

Are you joking?! Launch day is always the best and most fun! Packed zones, loads of new people all exploring the game together is awsome feeling.
Arcane Nerdherder - GM of Glory Guild on Niman
PvE Completion 10/10 Nightmare 16man - Videos

Gone to Play Diablo III, SWTOR failed.

bigoldbear
12.14.2011 , 03:12 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Xassifax View Post
But they denied you of even trying to participate in the launch day... Some people, including me, think launch day and the initial race is the best thing ever. You get to see the same group of people follow around you and feel a big satisfaction when you pull ahead of someone. SW:TOR doesn't have that.

Even if i got in on wave 1, the servers would be empty and it would just be a solo grind. Hard to play a MMO without the multiplayer part.
Being as Launch day is on the 20th, how did he get denied anything. You just don't like the Early Access concept so are trying to rewrite the facts to suit your own ideas.

grumppa
12.14.2011 , 03:14 AM | #5
oh oh bigobear fanboi in the house