Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Raid loot system is horrible!

DarthWumps
01.07.2012 , 09:13 AM | #1
I'm sure this has already been brought up. I'm just venting and proposing an idea.
==========
I ran my guild last night through our first EV 8 man (which was jokingly easy, sure it's a little more difficult on Hard and NM modes). I switched to Master Loot before we entered the instance. We down first boss, go to loot and noticed player names on gear drops? I was like huh? I could not change the loot to anyone else besides the people that the game already names to loot such gear. I find this system incredibly INSANE. It looted an epic belt to me which was far from an upgrade to my crafted one. THIS HAS TO BE FIXED ASAP or you'll lose people to such an insane loot system. OR I could be retarded and not noticing an option to change.

I find this loot system good for pugs... NOT for guild ran raids. It should be a normal master loot system where guilds that have DKP or SK systems where the master looter can assign the gear too... PLEASE BIOWARE FIX THIS ASAP..

I recommend a "PUG" master loot setting and "GUILD" master loot setting.. Maybe when you enter an instance is notices guild tags for availible GUILD loot option..

What do you all think..

Cheers
Wumps!
GM of BURNING EMPIRES guild
Now recruiting mature MMO experienced guildies! East Coast server!
Official Website /
Recruitment Video / GUILD forums

Fumanchu_Fow
01.07.2012 , 09:15 AM | #2
Master loot is bugged but it seems if you leave it on FFA everyone can choose to roll (need, greed or pass). If you trust the people you are with you can leave it as such.

DarthWumps
01.07.2012 , 09:17 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Fumanchu_Fow View Post
Master loot is bugged but it seems if you leave it on FFA everyone can choose to roll (need, greed or pass). If you trust the people you are with you can leave it as such.
Good to know, ty. I will try this and do trust my guildies.. Just hate to see loot get wasted especially on progression.
Official Website /

Moodsie
01.07.2012 , 09:19 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Fumanchu_Fow View Post
No its not bugged, Bioware announced long ago that this is how loot will be handled on normal mode.

There are several interviews where they mention the system as "loot bags".

And I am pretty sure the FFA thing you mentioned does not work.
Coconut Conspiracy
Moods
"The Coconut Commander"
www.coconutconspiracy.enjin.com

Tygranir
01.07.2012 , 09:21 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Moodsie View Post
No its not bugged, Bioware announced long ago that this is how loot will be handled on normal mode.

This. Also, there is no "Progression" yet, so relax. Need a few more raids to worry about that.
I am eating your canon, and pooping your immersion.

DarthWumps
01.07.2012 , 09:22 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Moodsie View Post

Come to think of it. We did try this and it only worked on Schems that dropped, not gear.
Official Website /

DarthWumps
01.07.2012 , 09:29 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Tygranir View Post
This. Also, there is no "Progression" yet, so relax. Need a few more raids to worry about that.
Actually there is.. You have 3 different modes and sure most guilds can't complete them all. Also we shouldn't HAVE to relax. This should of been worked out already.. It's an unfair way to loot for guilds and also to epics getting wasted.
Official Website /

Roest
01.07.2012 , 10:38 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthWumps View Post
Actually there is.. You have 3 different modes and sure most guilds can't complete them all. Also we shouldn't HAVE to relax. This should of been worked out already.. It's an unfair way to loot for guilds and also to epics getting wasted.
This. The current system is beyond stupid. I can't really see how anyone with a little bit of mmo experience, which I expect the devs to have, can think of this. Yesterday people got the same item twice, I got a bop syntweaving recipe I can't use but someone in the raid could've etc. stupid stupid stupid

Melman
01.07.2012 , 10:44 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Roest View Post
This. The current system is beyond stupid. I can't really see how anyone with a little bit of mmo experience, which I expect the devs to have, can think of this. Yesterday people got the same item twice, I got a bop syntweaving recipe I can't use but someone in the raid could've etc. stupid stupid stupid
Well the recepie was up for a roll so you wasted it not the system. System is designed for pugs and work only on normal, also you get 4 epics in 8men grup that's far more than in any game's raid content. It's really easy to get gear and start hard mode where the loot is more traditional.

Shadinaxx
01.07.2012 , 10:49 AM | #10
We ran our guild through EV 8 man as well, and we tried NBG, Master loot and FFA an the loot system never changed, it assigned loot pretty much randomly, except for the schematics and crafting mats, as well as a few random stat gear drops (it assigned some, not others, go figure, it wasnt consistant).

We discussed how this system is great, but it needs a tweak... Allow the gear to be tradeable for say, 30 minutes to other members of the raid, provided the original owner has not equipped the item yet. Obviously the unassambled pieces will not be equippable.

However, all bugs aside, we thoroughly enjoyed the fight mechanics, job well done in that department.
"If it bleeds, we've killed it"
Static