Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

daily resets, EU screwed again?


zandadoum's Avatar


zandadoum
01.07.2012 , 03:46 AM | #1
so, daily counters are supposed to reset by night right?

in what, US timezone?

thx for screwing us europeans once again, bioware.

an US player can do a daily in the afternoon, later go to bed and next morning do the daily again.

i do a daily on a friday 18:00 and i have to wait till saturday afternoon to be able to do it again? that pure bull****.

please change the daily rest for EU to a more reasonable time. in the US it's 6am in the morning, it would be logic that in the EU this would be the same.

Avanaco's Avatar


Avanaco
01.07.2012 , 04:07 AM | #2
Yeah, they've got the time zone stuff ALL jacked up. It's bad even within the US. For example, when they mean 02:00 Central maintenance, they mean ALL SERVERS AT that time! That's midnight on the west coast, 03:00 on the east coast, and any number of unreasonable times throughout Europe. Midnight is AWFUL early for a 6 hour maint cycle.

Come on Bioware, you really have to consider treating different zone servers differently... because, well, different time zones are different!

Zerosix's Avatar


Zerosix
01.07.2012 , 04:18 AM | #3
A lot of people have been turned off by the total lack of customer service and when they actually do get a GM to talk to them it's some automated responses machine or a guy that barely knows 100 words in english.

Couple that with the annoying maintenance and reset times that totally take the piss for any european player and the ton of bugs and now you know why the EU realms have been going down in load and there's pretty much no servers with queues anymore.

Leonick's Avatar


Leonick
01.07.2012 , 04:31 AM | #4
The US player as you say can do it once in the afternoon and then once again in the morning, great right? Now, you might want to consider that the US player can't do this daily again that day, he can't do it again over the afternoon so he won't be able to do it this way every day.

For us European players it resets sometime in the middle of the day, this means that if you want to you could do the dailies twice in one day, once in the morning and once in the afternoon, but again it can't be done several days in a row.

All in all, we're not getting screwed in any way...

Quote: Originally Posted by Zerosix View Post
A lot of people have been turned off by the total lack of customer service and when they actually do get a GM to talk to them it's some automated responses machine or a guy that barely knows 100 words in english.

Couple that with the annoying maintenance and reset times that totally take the piss for any european player and the ton of bugs and now you know why the EU realms have been going down in load and there's pretty much no servers with queues anymore.
I don't know, I've had tickets (mostly bug reports) worked trough at a pretty good speed and I have been contacted trough chat, no problems there either. Only problem with CS I've had is for one ticket where I was asked to provide information such as character class and server, information that is hardly related to a bug in how the quest tracker displays (get a lot of quests, more than it fits and the enable the right quickslot bar and you'll see).

I have to agree about the maintenance times though, I do not like them at all. Although I do kind of understand their reasons.
My Characters on the Progenitor
Raiah - Jedi Consular (Sage), Nesalia - Smuggler (Scoundrel)
Guild: The Kestrel Minority

Zerosix's Avatar


Zerosix
01.07.2012 , 04:38 AM | #5
Well since Tuesday this week i've had a ticket up and it still sits open, no contact from the CS and I've been spending an awful lot of time in game so it's not like they can't contact me...

dotNex's Avatar


dotNex
01.07.2012 , 04:56 AM | #6
Bump, this is terrible. And I really feel bad about the aussies, the maintenances are in their prime time (what the F***, really).
Quote: Originally Posted by A friend
I hit an instant cast force heal or static shield but it isn't instant at all because my guy feels like doing the macarena before he sets it up and suddenly the tank is dead.

Alcarinn's Avatar


Alcarinn
01.07.2012 , 05:06 AM | #7
OMG..... whats the problem now.... while i can live with complaining about maintenance but DAILY RESET are you guys sane at all?

Dailies reset 1pm CET which is perfectly fine... you can do the at evening and another day at evening if you feel like you have to do them at morning skip 1 evening then you can do twice in 1 day...

so stop complaining for every single thing...

btw i havent opened a ticket yet... just give bw some rest... its your free month and start complaining once you actually subscribe with your money granted you did buy the game but still...

i am really pissed on most of the major bugs and ah design and warzone but hey i still paly 8 hours a day almost instead of cry about daily reset...

zandadoum's Avatar


zandadoum
01.07.2012 , 05:46 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Alcarinn View Post
i am really pissed on most of the major bugs and ah design and warzone but hey i still paly 8 hours a day almost instead of cry about daily reset...
i would be playing too IF I COULD DO THE DAMNED DAILIES ALREADY

yesterday doing server first hardmode flashpoints. due lots of bugs and learning curve we died quite some times... 45K cr. repair on me, and tank 75K cr repair.

we need those dailies just for the effing repair bills.

and US customers can do them ANYTIME THEY WANT because it resets while they're sleeping, and EU is effed in the B once again.

thx bioware...

NOT.

Zerosix's Avatar


Zerosix
01.07.2012 , 05:55 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Alcarinn View Post
OMG..... whats the problem now.... while i can live with complaining about maintenance but DAILY RESET are you guys sane at all?

Dailies reset 1pm CET which is perfectly fine... you can do the at evening and another day at evening if you feel like you have to do them at morning skip 1 evening then you can do twice in 1 day...

so stop complaining for every single thing...

btw i havent opened a ticket yet... just give bw some rest... its your free month and start complaining once you actually subscribe with your money granted you did buy the game but still...

i am really pissed on most of the major bugs and ah design and warzone but hey i still paly 8 hours a day almost instead of cry about daily reset...
Just because you're a sheep don't think everyone will just be happy with getting shafted up the ***.

Alcarinn's Avatar


Alcarinn
01.07.2012 , 06:31 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Zerosix View Post
Just because you're a sheep don't think everyone will just be happy with getting shafted up the ***.
haha i am no sheep.... if you check my other posts i constantly moan over bugs that are ''game-breaking'' but i can see that daily reset hour is definetly not one of them....