Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Hard Mode] Esseless

JackSmoke
12.26.2011 , 07:12 PM | #1
Greetings,

I'm grouping up with 3 other guys that have been 50 for quite a few days already, getting good equipment and everything. Now we're stuck on the very first Boss on Esseless "Ilric".
It looks like Aggro can't be hold whatsoever, the Adds don't go down quick enough and he deals random 8k hits to people at the same time.

Does anyone have a clue on how to beat this guy? We're so frustrated that we went on PvP'ing as it seems almost impossible. With the best healer and some of the best tanks and damage dealer we can't get this guy under 60%.
Smoke Legacy - Legacy Level: 37
----
@YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Hypnotoa...s?feature=mhee
Machinima's Gamer of the Week #43

Shangjia
01.06.2012 , 07:50 PM | #2
we did it with a shadow tank, shadow infiltrator, sentinel, and commando healer. tanked him in the breach canted a bit to the side, infiltrator with combat technique on, when the adds came out spammed whirling blow and force breach, sentinel stayed on boss. went down first try. hope it helps a bit? lol

ronnypp
01.06.2012 , 08:11 PM | #3
What my group did was pull him back to the little area from where he comes from. Have the tank turn him to face the opposite of the rest of the group. When the add's spawn there, have the tank do an aoe quick to pull agro, and have dps throw down more aoe quickly to get rid of add's. Those 2 things are the key to beating him. Having him face away from others, and lots of AOE in the small area where add's spawn. If you do this and still can't beat him then maybe your group isn't geared enough or doing things correctly.

Ryanxxx
01.06.2012 , 08:19 PM | #4
He does 2 Main moves.

1. Hilt strike hits for about 4k

2. Burst Aoe can hit for 4k crit for 8k

Make sure to tank him facing away from group.

As a Guardian tank I tank him in the area he spawns from, When the adds pop I use force sweep to stun them, and our sage uses quake.

Rinse and repeat.

Just gotta beat his enrage timer, after a few days of doing Hardmodes dps race isnt so bad.

Gerudan
01.06.2012 , 08:41 PM | #5
We use a Commando to solo the adds. Of course he need decent equip for this, but they nerfed the flashpoint anyway.