Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

GTN Terminals- There aren't enough

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
GTN Terminals- There aren't enough
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

TheNevet
01.06.2012 , 06:20 PM | #1
I guess this is the closest forum we have to anything regarding the economy. I tried putting this in the general discussion thread but it was, of course, buried onto page two from whining threads within a minute.

Anyway...

We need more Galactic Trade Network kiosks placed throughout the game world. There simply are not enough of them. I should not have to get into my ship and fly to another planet just to use one of these terminals. It's Star Wars, the holonet is everywhere. Even on the most backwater planets of all.

At the very least there should be one near every taxi terminal.

Darth_Gao_Gao
01.06.2012 , 06:34 PM | #2
i agree! the market suffers enough as it is, and forcing players to find the GTN (if it's even available at your planet.. looking at you alderaan!) just makes it that much worse. fixing the GTN and making it more accessible to everyone is one of the most important things that needs to be implemented, in my not at all humble opinion.

Thamelas
01.06.2012 , 06:36 PM | #3
I think they had a GTN on every planet in beta. I know for a fact they had crafting trainers on all the planets.
SWTOR-Holo.net - Guides for Crew Skills, Datacrons, Flashpoints, Operations, Talent Builds, and more!

GeorgZoeller
01.06.2012 , 06:37 PM | #4 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
If you could choose 3 places where to add a GTN for your faction, which would those be?

Terwilliger
01.06.2012 , 06:51 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by TheNevet View Post
I guess this is the closest forum we have to anything regarding the economy. I tried putting this in the general discussion thread but it was, of course, buried onto page two from whining threads within a minute.

Anyway...

We need more Galactic Trade Network kiosks placed throughout the game world. There simply are not enough of them. I should not have to get into my ship and fly to another planet just to use one of these terminals. It's Star Wars, the holonet is everywhere. Even on the most backwater planets of all.

At the very least there should be one near every taxi terminal.
Wherever there's a market? That's a good bare minimum. Where there's a taxi is more of an upper maximum of where you can put them and not be completely ridiculous. It's still a good idea, though.

Knockerz
01.06.2012 , 06:55 PM | #6
Actually, I want a gtn some where else other than on the main station. It gets so laggy in there due to comp lag and normal internet lag. It's like ogrimmar on Illidan, but you can always go to the back ah and avoid 100-150 people by the front ah in wow. I can imagine just going to the gtn terminals is a real problem for people with not so great computers or internet.

That's why you always see at least some people in silvermoon due lag free and easy on the comp for the ah browsing in wow.
Fiery the angels fell; deep thunder rolled around their shores; burning with the fires of Orc

ZingFreelancer
01.06.2012 , 06:56 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Terwilliger View Post
Wherever there's a market? That's a good bare minimum. Where there's a taxi is more of an upper maximum of where you can put them and not be completely ridiculous. It's still a good idea, though.
Sometimes I log on my alt just to brows GTN on Imperial Station.
Might make another alt to keep an eye on GTN on Nar Shadaa.

Pricia
01.06.2012 , 07:09 PM | #8
Agreed!

aivedoir
01.06.2012 , 07:09 PM | #9
Bioware wants you to visit the fleet by removing GTN in other planets. This is also to make up for their lack of global LFG channel or LFG tool.

Shuemue
01.06.2012 , 07:33 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by aivedoir View Post
Bioware wants you to visit the fleet by removing GTN in other planets. This is also to make up for their lack of global LFG channel or LFG tool.
They need to make it easier to get there and then back to where we're questing then.

Run to spaceyard, get into shuttle, fly to spacestation, run to personal spaceship, fly to Fleet, run to GTN

That's a massive chunk of time.