Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

1-50 and I've done 1 (count em 1) Flashpoint

Syas
01.06.2012 , 04:03 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by xioix View Post
i'v eonly done hammer station. just can't be othered sitting in fleet spamming lfg for hours until i get a group
I don't know what server you play on; but I have had no issues finding quick groups in fleet. There are nearly constant BT/Ess groups running during primetime, and Hammer Station and Athiss take little effort to jump into. As the average player level increases, so will the number of people looking for higher instances.
Thall | Combat Medic ||| Kannus | Kinetic Shadow
Dars'yl | Immortal Juggernaut ||| Sudor | Concealment Operative
Ebon Hawke

Aryzyra
01.06.2012 , 04:05 PM | #12
On the minus side, you didn't do flashpoints.
On the plus side, you didn't do flashpoints with random people.

Selaik
01.06.2012 , 04:05 PM | #13
I am 33 and have done 0 FP , i want to do it but sitting there and spanning LFG is so 90's , i am sorry but a lfg tool is needed .

Syas
01.06.2012 , 04:06 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Selaik View Post
I am 33 and have done 0 FP , i want to do it but sitting there and spanning LFG is so 90's , i am sorry but a lfg tool is needed .
"So 90s"; you realize LFD was a 2009 (maybe 2008) release and only two games have it, right?
Thall | Combat Medic ||| Kannus | Kinetic Shadow
Dars'yl | Immortal Juggernaut ||| Sudor | Concealment Operative
Ebon Hawke

azmundai
01.06.2012 , 04:06 PM | #15
Having the same problem, but an LFG wont fix the problem. This is a single player game with a chat box. Get used to it.

I always have my LFG on, and am almost always spamming general for heroic groups, and all I am met with is "Heroic quests are skippable"

The simple fact of the matter is that heroic quests are worthless for the most part. It is far too easy to get pretty much epic quality gear by spamming the 1 key for a few hours at a time. Flashpoints also offer no real upgrades to the items you can get from commendation vendors.
x-server lfd tools are great for cramming people into content, but quality > quantity.

imtrick
01.06.2012 , 04:10 PM | #16
Sorry to hear about your trouble, OP. I've experienced the opposite. I have a few characters, and I've never had any trouble finding groups with any of them. They've all done every flashpoint and heroic quest that was at level for them.

Maybe you just picked a bad server?
Taint & Rough Trade - tart.enjin.com
------Casual and Hard-Core, 18+ GLBT Sith & Republic Guilds------
Part of the game-spanning Rough Trade Gaming Community

Traejun
01.06.2012 , 04:10 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by azmundai View Post
Having the same problem, but an LFG wont fix the problem. This is a single player game with a chat box. Get used to it.

I always have my LFG on, and am almost always spamming general for heroic groups, and all I am met with is "Heroic quests are skippable"

The simple fact of the matter is that heroic quests are worthless for the most part. It is far too easy to get pretty much epic quality gear by spamming the 1 key for a few hours at a time. Flashpoints also offer no real upgrades to the items you can get from commendation vendors.
A couple responses:

1. Don't spam general for flashpoints. Go to the fleet station...get a group in minutes.
2. Your server must suck - I sometimes wish I could turn OFF heroic quest group spam in general.
3. Heroic quests are not worthless. Plenty of them offer orange gear rewards that are either aesthetic or stat upgrade. At the least - repeat them as often as possible and strip the mods to use on other gear. It's like free commendations that take 10-15 minutes to get.

Calimwulf
01.06.2012 , 04:10 PM | #18
I've done 3 different flashpoints and every Heroic so far. No problems getting into or starting a group. Are you guys playing off hours to your servers or something? Heck, most of the time I get in before they even know I'm a Healer.... though I do have that written in my LFG comment.
"For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill."

Teishen
01.06.2012 , 04:11 PM | #19
Those are not flashpoints they're heroic quests...

Have you looked to your servers population before coming crying to the forums? Is the ratio between factions balanced or all over the place? Are you on one of the older servers where the people flying through the quests are probably capped, or a newer one where people may still be arsing around at level 20~ on their alts?

vvvvvvTHIS IS MASSIVELY RELEVANTvvvvvv
People have this weird shyness thing in regards to forming a group. You will be honestly surprised how many people will respond to 'LFM x heroic quests!' over someone mindlessly spamming 'LFG x' 'LFG x' 'LFG x' every 5 seconds.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Exactly
01.06.2012 , 04:12 PM | #20
Ill agree, i was in hoth a couple levels ago with 90 people there i could not find a group for the heroic missions. After about 1 hour of spamming general i found a healer and we 2 manned all of them (i am a tank, took forever but was easy).

I am enjoying the single player in this game more than the multiplayer aspect. I am a 7 year wow veteran and am giving this game a real shot (lvl 42 powertech so far) but it is hard to keep my interest right now. I will log on and just sit in the fleet messing around with the GTN (as much as i can with its inferior interface options) trying to motivate myself to go out and level.

This is only going to get worse as i want to roll alt characters, only way id be able to get through it is turning off the cutscenes.

I dunno, i really really really wanted to like this game but after my first act on my powertech everything went downhill. (This was at lvl 33 mind you).