Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

1-50 and I've done 1 (count em 1) Flashpoint

Zombull
01.06.2012 , 03:55 PM | #1
Because finding a group is a P.I.T.A.

This is why LFG in some form needs to happen.

Also had no choice but to skip the Heroic missions on Balmorra, Hoth, Belsavis and Voss despite spamming General all day LFG and using the LFG flag on the social window.

I know it has been talked about a lot, but it is not a dead horse. It will not be a dead horse until BioWare realizes and admits it is wrong on this issue and adds some sort of LFG functionality beyond the social window flag.

LFG does not discourage socializing any more than not having one promotes it. What is added to the social aspect of the game by not having LFG? This:

"LFG Hoth heroics"
"LFG Hoth heroics"
"LFG Hoth heroics"
"LFG Hoth heroics"

Not exactly social, is it? What about once a group is formed? Any socializing that happens once a group is formed is up to the participants. The tool used to form the group has no impact at that point except to say that an LFG tool would make it more likely that you find a group in the first place and therefore more likely to have that chance to socialize.

Leave out the instant teleportation if you must. That part isn't necessary. If you leave out the cross-realm grouping capability, though, then players will often have a very long wait as we do now and that will diminish the overall effectiveness of the system.

BioWare, you are wrong on this issue. The sooner you admit that, the better off the game and its players will be.

JarrenBlake
01.06.2012 , 03:58 PM | #2
Wrong about what? They have never said they never plan to implement a more robust LFG system. they just did not prioritize it over other thing for launch.

As you say, its not "needed" in order to level to 50. And its will not be needed after that until there is endgame content, meaning the end game content is a higher priority. The purposefully made the leveling curve such as you can skip flashpoint, Spacemissions, bonus missions and the like and still get to 50. All they other stuff heldp you get their faster and easier. Thats all.

LFG tool will happen, just did not happen for launch. Among other things.

senshi
01.06.2012 , 03:59 PM | #3
One character level 11, done 1 flashpoint. Second character level 28 has participated in 5 flashpoints. There is a looking for group tool but people just refuse to use it. Even without people using the tool I have had no problem finding a group or filling my own group. I feel for you.
Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power. -- Abraham Lincoln

Boomer! Sooner!

Syas
01.06.2012 , 03:59 PM | #4
/cjoin lfg
Thall | Combat Medic ||| Kannus | Kinetic Shadow
Dars'yl | Immortal Juggernaut ||| Sudor | Concealment Operative
Ebon Hawke

Honduras
01.06.2012 , 04:01 PM | #5
What I've done If I can't find a group is just wait until someone else posts an lfg about the stuff I want to do, then join up (try to do this in an area with a recommended level equal to the flashpoint you want to do in case of flashpoints for maximum effect). I've done all flashpoints and heroics as far as I've progressed in the story.

Make friends in-game, they will be glad to help you out if you ask. And offer help to friends, even if they don't ask

Alkiii
01.06.2012 , 04:01 PM | #6
There is a LFG tool in the game. People just don't use it. I have lost count how many FP's I've done using it.

It's not what everyone is "used to", but it works. Keep your eyes on chat also to find any groups looking for a pickup. Or, join a guild that shares the same interests as you.
“When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep ... not screaming like the passengers in his car.”

Nytak
01.06.2012 , 04:01 PM | #7
Find a guild??? Once my wife and I were comfortable with the server and classes we picked we started looking for, and found, one right away. Now our guild has two nights a week just for flashpoints so we can all get together, split into similar level groups and go kill us some nasty mobs. The best part is, since we are learning to play together as a cohesive group, by the time we're all 50 and ready for Ops, we will already be quite comfortable with how the group dynamics play out.
Decemberite
You work hard so we don't have to

xioix
01.06.2012 , 04:01 PM | #8
i'v eonly done hammer station. just can't be othered sitting in fleet spamming lfg for hours until i get a group

Zombull
01.06.2012 , 04:01 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by JarrenBlake View Post
Wrong about what? They have never said they never plan to implement a more robust LFG system. they just did not prioritize it over other thing for launch.

As you say, its not "needed" in order to level to 50. And its will not be needed after that until there is endgame content, meaning the end game content is a higher priority. The purposefully made the leveling curve such as you can skip flashpoint, Spacemissions, bonus missions and the like and still get to 50. All they other stuff heldp you get their faster and easier. Thats all.

LFG tool will happen, just did not happen for launch. Among other things.
I believe the position I saw (it was second-hand via someone else's post here) was that BioWare considers LFG to be a social aspect that is diminished by an automated LFG system.

Traejun
01.06.2012 , 04:01 PM | #10
I did 2 flashpoints from 1 to 50. Not because it was hard to find a group, but because questing is a more efficient way to level and I get plenty of gear from that.

Just got to the fleet station and spam. You'll have a group in minutes.