Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Do you think light side sith are still sith?(spoiler warning)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Do you think light side sith are still sith?(spoiler warning)

Rhyltran
01.06.2012 , 10:30 AM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by Sairan View Post
Uhh, aside from the cult in the game we play that worships him because of those abilities? It's well known he was a practitioner of The Unifying Force, it's the principle reason why he's so important in the universe, few others ever mastered both sides. Whatevs though, it's common knowledge in the Star Wars universe, I'm surprised you'd even argue it.
Not quite. In the novels those that follow the unifying force don't use Dark Side abilities. Kyle Katarn had used Dark Side abilities but later in life he tried not to use them at all. Luke is pretty much the same way. When you argue Canon you have to use what we're told. The cult in the game actually don't know much about Revan. They're a cult. They do have some of the basics but in other ways they're wrong. They had never met Revan in person. They think Revan secretly runs the Empire but was betrayed.

We haven't seen Revan use any Dark Side abilities. We do know, however, he did channel the dark side to do a technique that Yoda did by using only the light. Luke also mastered both the light and dark. He served under Palpatine to find a way to undermine and destroy him (on his return.) and then later went back to the light. His knowledge of the dark side was impressive but while knowing it. He did teach not to use it (although he has on several occasions.)

While Revan may not be against using the Dark Side we do know from his character he's cautious about it. Using the Dark Side too much will make you dark yourself. So he tries not to draw on it too much. That's my feelings on the matter and so far nothing has contradicted otherwise.

Remember. There's a difference between "Can use." and "Willing to use." Luke can use Dark Side powers but he tries not to.

Sitherus
01.06.2012 , 10:35 AM | #42
wouldnt be interesting if once you go so far in the light or dark side, that eventually you could be turned? say you start out as a jedi...you get up to say dark 1 or something, and somewhere in the story line you would be turned to the dark side, or vice versa. I think this would put a nice twist on the story line in the game. i'm not much of a lorist here, i'm just saying it would make for interesting game play.

Fizil
01.06.2012 , 01:02 PM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by Rhyltran View Post
We haven't seen Revan use any Dark Side abilities.
Spoiler

OddballEasyEight
01.06.2012 , 01:19 PM | #44
Id say (without reading the thread, just the OP) that whilst Light side sith are not sith, per-say, they are still part of the Empire, and all force sensetives in the empire are Sith (as in, title, not belief.)

so whilst they are not truely sith in the way that they follow the sith teachings and beliefs, they are still part of the Sith "department" of the imperial war machine. Just like a really light side soldier would still be part of the imperial military.

Realistically tho, you would not advance very far in the heirarchy, but that would make for a boring story now wouldnt it?

lokdron
01.06.2012 , 03:06 PM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by Fizil View Post
Spoiler
Spoiler