Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Ok, this is too much

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Narzeja
01.06.2012 , 10:12 AM | #71
Quote: Originally Posted by spicycookie View Post
If they do, guess who will be pissed? The Euros lol
/shrug

daemian
01.06.2012 , 10:21 AM | #72
Downtime sucks. But personally, I'm impressed by the speed with which they've been identifying issues, correcting them and patching the fixes into the game.

ChrisCollins
01.06.2012 , 02:15 PM | #73 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
While I can understand that there is frustration around the frequency of patches, as many have already mentioned in this thread, patches are both normal and extremely important to ensure the stability of the game. Some of the issues fixed yesterday and today were absolutely crucial.

Given the complexity of software like Star Wars:The Old Republic, what may appear as a simple fix can take hundreds, if not thousands of man hours to resolve. We have teams working around the clock to make sure that issues are fixed in a timely manner, while maintaining the quality that you've come to expect (read: doesn't break anything else ). The timing of these patches are not designed in ANY way to single any one out; they are, as I've mentioned before, done at the point in time where we have one of the lowest number of users connected globally.

No matter when we choose to bring the service down, we will impact someone's play time - this is simply unavoidable. However, again, it's important that these issues are fixed as soon as we can, to help ensure the long term stability of Star Wars:The Old Republic.

Quote: Originally Posted by Zanathax View Post
EDIT: To be clearer, I am complaining about the servers being down for 8 or 10 hours a night, 3 nights in a row.
To be clear, the downtimes over the last few days have not been 8-10 hours per day, as you mention. While we announce downtime and give a time range, sometimes things do finish early (and of course, sometimes they run over). Over the last few days, we've totalled just over 7 hours of downtime. Again, we may have said the game may be offline for longer, but we actually achieved very short maintenance times each day.

Shimmer-Holler
01.06.2012 , 02:30 PM | #74
I feel for those people that play during those times. But I'd also like to allow the client to patch in the background while it's in the system tray, I get home from work and wait for the patch to install like some ketchup commercial. Those 5-10 minutes could be all the difference.

qamarnahaar
01.06.2012 , 02:31 PM | #75
I work late nights (EST) and get home early in the morning. I like to play a bit after work to unwind, unfortunately my off-time during the week usually corresponds perfectly with the maintenance windows! However, I understand perfectly well that my schedule is unusual, and I'm not complaining. For a new MMO, there really has been very little downtime so far. And trust me, I know because I'm usually that one other guy you see on the server at 6:00 in the morning

DoctorBeckett
01.06.2012 , 02:36 PM | #76
See signature vvvv
For free stuff...
Are you looking for a casual leveling guild on the Harbinger server? Join <Hawke's Flight>(Imp side) and <Hawke's Nest> (Pub side). Pub/Imp sides.
PST Hawketank (Imp) or HawkeSent (Pub) or PM me here for invite.

sebbulba
01.06.2012 , 02:37 PM | #77
Quote: Originally Posted by SarahR View Post
Isn't it like morning there during patch time? Get a job.
Maybe he's working shifts. Or he's rich. Or retired? I live in central europe, (Paris time), so the maintenance reallly is during the day (until 4pm I guess.)

Since I work office times (around my place that means 7am to 4-5pm) I never had any problems with the maintenance windows.

Daily patching shows me that bioware is taking the customer feedback seriously. Guess we all have to go through this.

CFerrendelli
01.06.2012 , 02:37 PM | #78
The patching sucks, especially when the launcher is broken and every time a new patch comes out I have to re download the entire game. Ridiculous.

Astralstar
01.06.2012 , 03:13 PM | #79
Quote: Originally Posted by ChrisCollins View Post

Given the complexity of software like Star Wars:The Old Republic, what may appear as a simple fix can take hundreds, if not thousands of man hours to resolve. We have teams working around the clock to make sure that issues are fixed in a timely manner, while maintaining the quality that you've come to expect (read: doesn't break anything else ).
The last patch turned my inquisitors eyes from a nice blue to a horrid bright orange, not a major bug but annoying in the story cut scenes. Please don't break anything else and can i please have my blue eyes back?
Sent a ticket in but i realise my unintended eye colour is not a top priority

Nyliana
01.06.2012 , 03:29 PM | #80
Quote: Originally Posted by Astralstar View Post
The last patch turned my inquisitors eyes from a nice blue to a horrid bright orange, not a major bug but annoying in the story cut scenes. Please don't break anything else and can i please have my blue eyes back?
Sent a ticket in but i realise my unintended eye colour is not a top priority
Are you darkside? Eye color changes as you go darker, and if you dinged a different level of dark your eye color wouldn't show changed until you relog
[][]☲☲☲[]ị:ị:▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀)
Achaea UO EQ DaoC SB EvE PS AO AC2 SWG WoW COH WAR Aion Rift RoM TOR