Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Kira Carsen - Companion story bug?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Kira Carsen - Companion story bug?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

StephenReid
01.06.2012 , 02:02 PM | #1571
Hello everyone,

I wanted to give you a quick update on this issue. We know it's been very frustrating and we appreciate your patience while we've worked to fix it.

Our next major patch should deploy to the Public Test Server pretty soon, and amongst other things, that patch should completely fix the Kira Carsen issue. After that patch has been thoroughly tested and verified we'll be deploying to the live servers; we'll announce an ETA on that when we have a confirmed date.

Again, thank you for your patience on this issue.

BloodknightVII
01.06.2012 , 02:04 PM | #1572
Quote: Originally Posted by Lomerell View Post
I'd have to agree with this. Squeaky wheel gets the oil, and since this is fixed for new players, it's entirely possible that we'll eventually be in the minority. I have guildy knights who are laissez-faire about this because they simply didn't pick the wrong option.

We need to be vocal -- respectfully -- that we'd REALLY like this problem fixed, and it's a priority in our play.
This is precisely my fear also: we will very soon be in the minority, and as more time goes on, the more likely they will be able to easily sweep it under the rug.

Open tickets and keep commenting (take a look at the thread I opened on the General Discussion board).
Squadron 11-11-11 | The Last Squadron

TirJin_Meteos
01.06.2012 , 02:05 PM | #1573
Quote: Originally Posted by StephenReid View Post
Hello everyone,

I wanted to give you a quick update on this issue. We know it's been very frustrating and we appreciate your patience while we've worked to fix it.

Our next major patch should deploy to the Public Test Server pretty soon, and amongst other things, that patch should completely fix the Kira Carsen issue. After that patch has been thoroughly tested and verified we'll be deploying to the live servers; we'll announce an ETA on that when we have a confirmed date.

http://ragefac.es/faces/79644cd774e7...c2ceaa36b5.png
Jedi Guardian
-
9/29/11 - Never Forget.
Dear BioWare: Thank you for finally fixing the Kira bug.

BloodknightVII
01.06.2012 , 02:06 PM | #1574
Hello everyone,

Finally a response (and not 15 minutes after I post the same issue on the General Discussion board).

What constitutes a "major patch"? Is it simply the big down-time every Tuesday evening? So this Tuesday we should see a fix?

TirJin_Meteos
01.06.2012 , 02:10 PM | #1575
Quote: Originally Posted by BloodknightVII View Post
What constitutes a "major patch"? Is it simply the big down-time every Tuesday evening? So this Tuesday we should see a fix?
That's my understanding, though it could be delayed due to the three "Emergency Patches" they had to put out this week. I don't mind, now that I at least know it will be fixed in the next patch.
Jedi Guardian
-
9/29/11 - Never Forget.

Deadsanto
01.06.2012 , 02:12 PM | #1576
Hello everyone,

Thank you sooo much!
"I find your lack of faith disturbing"

StephenReid
01.06.2012 , 02:13 PM | #1577
Finally a response (and not 15 minutes after I post the same issue on the General Discussion board).
You won't believe me, but that's coincidental.

A major patch would be a patch that introduces a decent amount of content to the game.

A patch would be deployed during a regular maintenance period, but this Tuesday is unlikely - the patch isn't on our Public Test Server yet. When it is, we'll want to give it time to be thoroughly tested as there's a lot more in this patch than just this fix. The ETA for the patch to move to the live servers isn't 'weeks' though, and we'll update you (probably mid next-week) with more accurate timing.

TirJin_Meteos
01.06.2012 , 02:15 PM | #1578
A patch would be deployed during a regular maintenance period, but this Tuesday is unlikely - the patch isn't on our Public Test Server yet. When it is, we'll want to give it time to be thoroughly tested as there's a lot more in this patch than just this fix. The ETA for the patch to move to the live servers isn't 'weeks' though, and we'll update you (probably mid next-week) with more accurate timing.
You're the man, Rockjaw! Like I said, "Next Patch" is more than good enough for me.

EDIT: Begone, depressing addendum to my signature!
Jedi Guardian
-
9/29/11 - Never Forget.

BloodknightVII
01.06.2012 , 02:17 PM | #1579
You won't believe me, but that's coincidental.

A major patch would be a patch that introduces a decent amount of content to the game.

Thanks Stephen, I appreciate the update and I look forward to hearing the official announcement sometime next week.

StephenReid
01.06.2012 , 02:19 PM | #1580
Quote: Originally Posted by TirJin_Meteos View Post
You're the man, Rockjaw! Like I said, "Next Patch" is more than good enough for me.
Just to be clear here... we will be rolling out minor patches before this major patch.

But, it's in the major patch. More will be revealed next week.