Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Design inconsistencies with Sage and Sorcerer

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Design inconsistencies with Sage and Sorcerer

VanorDM
01.06.2012 , 12:49 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by PiToREpsilon View Post
He said sage or SORCERER, i.e. the republic and empire caster AC. Sheesh.
Yeah my bad, I saw Shadow when he said Sorcerer.

Durzaka
01.06.2012 , 01:21 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Felioats View Post
These are the only classes who:

Do not have a free attack that uses their primary stat for damage.

Willpower boosts Consular and inquisitor melee damage as well as force damage. Look at assassins and Shadows.

Do not have a free attack that can be used in their intended range of combat.

They are also the only ACs in the game with a big enough resource that also regens that they dont need it. Not to mention they have a lifetap ability like warlocks for the bad situations

Feature gameplay that diverges radically from their base classes.

Agents and Smugglers would like a word.

Have an ability that is such an inefficient use of time and resources (Force) that it should never be used in any situation (Double Strike, Thrash) because another ability will always be better in every measurable way (because, again, it does not use their primary stat for damage).

The skill is for assassins and shadows. Deal with it.

Do not use their weapons.

Caster class is caster class. You probably complain mages in WoW or other RPGs dont use their weapons dont you?
answers in yellow.
Durzaka Retribution

Virance
01.06.2012 , 01:52 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Felioats View Post
Actually, the moment you choose Sage or Sorcerer as your AC, you lose the Willpower bonus to saber damage. It uses Strength instead.
I called bs on this and logged into my level 30 sorc to verify he was incorrect.

Turns out, I was incorrect. Taking off every piece of willpower gear I had on (with the exception of those that also had power - which would obviously have altered my melee damage) did not reduce my melee damage at all - it was the exact same level of utter crap either way.

Willpower does not, in fact, increase the melee damage of a Sorc/Sage.

Now, I still disagree with the assertion that we even need a filler - we don't, properly talented our main nuke IS our filler (in that we regenerate force while spamming it, albeit slowly). Just saying that I was incorrect on this point.

Natarii
01.06.2012 , 02:06 PM | #14
Sorcerers and Sages swinging their light sabers for actual attacks are doing it wrong anyway. The light saber in the hands of a Sorcerer or Sage is for defense and stats. Stand back, riegn down lightning, win.

PS: as a madness sorcerer, using force lightning actually nets me a return of my resource - I have talented the reduced force cost to cast, and talented the force return through the course of the channeled ability. So in essence, this is a 'free' to cast ability.
Dark Lord of Altaholics Anonymous
Sword of Ajunta Pall - Sith Empire