Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Huge economy exploit surfaces] - what will be BIOWARE's next move?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
[Huge economy exploit surfaces] - what will be BIOWARE's next move?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Akkando
01.06.2012 , 01:20 PM | #211
I hope they have a method of reversing the illegit credits and punishing the most egregious abusers.

*edit: Allison posted while I was writing my post. Thanks for looking into this.

Stradoo
01.06.2012 , 01:26 PM | #212
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
We're aware of your concerns regarding this issue, and are conducting a full investigation of the impact. Please rest assured that anyone found to be in violation of our Terms of Service will have appropriate action taken against them. We will provide more information as it becomes available. Thank you!
Awesome BW. You guys are the greatest company ever! Have a happy sun-shiney day!
Don't be a Sad Koala. L2PvP!

Apiusmon
01.06.2012 , 01:27 PM | #213
Hmm this is the first I actually heard of the exploit did anyone actually answer and say what it used to be? lol I ma really curious

Hythine
01.06.2012 , 01:28 PM | #214
Im sure the credit/gold seller websites had a good old time with this exploiting. They probably have millions X millions ready to sell and many accounts with all the credits...... fun....

Zor_Prime
01.06.2012 , 01:29 PM | #215
Quote: Originally Posted by BlutigKoch View Post
Your logic doesn't belong here

Quiet, you!

The Corsair
Hello? Anybody? (chirp chirp)....(chirp chirp)...

wewter
01.06.2012 , 01:32 PM | #216
The exploit spoken of allowed people (using vendors/stacks) to earn unlimited amounts of credits at stupidly-fast rates. Notice an influx of super-speeders on your server, yet?

*Edit* I absolutely did not know about the exploit until I just read about it on Reddit a moment ago ... I didn't earn a penny, but all those fools need to be banned/credits revoked.

Stradoo
01.06.2012 , 01:33 PM | #217
Quote: Originally Posted by wewter View Post
The exploit spoken of allowed people (using vendors/stacks) to earn unlimited amounts of credits at stupidly-fast rates. Notice an influx of super-speeders on your server, yet?
Hmmm.. now that you mention in.. YES!
Don't be a Sad Koala. L2PvP!

Varela
01.06.2012 , 01:35 PM | #218
If they exploited it, erase their characters and throw a ban their way.

As for the economy, lets give Bioware some time to investigate. It may have cause greater problems already but judge the response when it comes; don't hypothesise about the potential implications.

DarrkLore
01.06.2012 , 01:37 PM | #219
Quote: Originally Posted by Chompski View Post
In my humble opinion, many people (me included), upon realising inequity of this "little" problem, will be "in thought", to say the least.
When we talking about some kind of PVP exploiting, or even little PVE exploiting (like recent /getdown bug), this is tolerable, because "main stream" of players is unaffected. But when we talking about MMORPG server's economy, this poses a very huge threat to all its inhabitants, because it is bread and butter of the game. Those who think otherwise may want to ignore this post and do something else instead.
So you're saying that the major part of gameplay, PvE and PvP are not the bread and butter of the game? I play the game to enjoy the story and combat not to play the AH. PvP and especially PvE are the bread and butter of the game, not the auction house. The auction house is just there to support the other aspects of gameplay. Therefor, I'd much rather see them fix the things that hurt the real gameplay rather than waste time worrying about an economy that is just getting started. A few players with a ridiculous amount of money in the hatchling stage of the game isn't going to kill the market. Not as long as Bioware fixes the problems to prevent future exploits, which they have. I hope they do something to penalize the players who took advantage, but I won't lose any sleep over it if they don't.
ε╬╣!!!!╠▀▀{}▀(████████████████████████████████████████)

anwar
01.06.2012 , 01:45 PM | #220
Very simple....develope a system that checks timed played on every charactor. Have a money amount attributed to everything, and I do mean everything.

Then place a ceiling and remove everything that goes over that ceiling....yes some may lose some unfairly if their entire existance while playing was earning money fairly, but it would save the economy for a hell of a lot more.

or we could RL string up the cheaters and let them rot in the sun as an example to gamers everywhere.