Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Force-users/Casters and Accuraty rating

sprasz
01.06.2012 , 11:10 AM | #1
I recently startet to "raid" and i was told to get an accuraty rating of atleast 110 for eternity vault. Now first of all it was very expensive and hard to get the rating from AH.

Now after the raid i tjecked the gear from the merchants out, and to my astonishment force-master and force-mystic dont have that stat on em at all.

I felt forced to by stalker pants from the token that droped to get accuraty, now as a sith sorc. it felt odd.

Could someone please tell me how i should go about this. Should i as Sith Sorc. consentrate on acc. rating at all or not...?

dipstik
01.06.2012 , 11:46 AM | #2
if you are heals, i think you just need 100%, but if you are dps, you should get more. your teammates are not going to parry, deflect or whatever you heals, but if u have less than 100, you could miss. if you are dps, your enemies could parry, deflect etc., so u need a lil extra to help ensure contact and that some lightning resistance doesnt get the better of you.

JuliusMidnight
01.06.2012 , 12:11 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by dipstik View Post
if you are heals, i think you just need 100%, but if you are dps, you should get more. your teammates are not going to parry, deflect or whatever you heals, but if u have less than 100, you could miss. if you are dps, your enemies could parry, deflect etc., so u need a lil extra to help ensure contact and that some lightning resistance doesnt get the better of you.
I have 0 accuracy as Sorc heals and have yet to see a heal miss. Can anyone confirm if this is required at all for heals (I have assumed not)
A world without Damage Measurement
Quote: Originally Posted by Helagoth View Post
Without a damage meter, we'll be having things like "LFM for Eternity Vault, must be able to kill the First on Dromand kass in 45 seconds while we watch".

sprasz
01.06.2012 , 12:11 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by dipstik View Post

Ok then why aint there any accurity on any of the raid items.....?

dipstik
01.06.2012 , 12:13 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by JuliusMidnight View Post
I have 0 accuracy as Sorc heals and have yet to see a heal miss. Can anyone confirm if this is required at all for heals (I have assumed not)
with 0 accuracy, i think you still have 100% as a sorc.

sprasz
01.06.2012 , 12:15 PM | #6
Im not talking about healing healing dont need the stat i soly talk about range caster dps...none of the raid gear have the stat and i have to buy stalker gear so i wonder do caster DPS need it at all or is it a merly melee stat.

Rottin
01.06.2012 , 12:26 PM | #7
There was accuracy on the head piece that dropped for me last night from the first boss (im an assassin)

Though I went in with just 96% accuracy and did just fine (most people had a simalar gear to what I had stat wise)

Imo unless you are doing the heroic version not having 100% seems to make very little difference.
CE VIP
"What greater weapon is there than to turn an enemy to your cause? To use their own knowledge against them?" ―Bastila Shan Listen

TPBHatchet
01.06.2012 , 12:32 PM | #8
Just go by the Tiered PvE gear.. I don't know what you're guild is thinking, pretty much anything can be downed on normal in daily mods, and columi in HM.

I also don't think acc. does anything for heals, as its a roll against your targets defense rating, and its not an offensive skill.
Earthmonkey - Hedarr Soongh - Guardian
Bloob - The Fatman - Powertech

How To: Making Bro-Tastic PvP Videos

AngelousWang
01.06.2012 , 12:50 PM | #9
Accuracy does not calculate into healing at all, it's a stat that calculates against enemy status in order to calculate your and their hit rates.

Enemies status are not calculated with Healing as it is a player to player move, so as such is impossible to miss with Healing anyway.

In terms of usefulness Accuracy is Tank>DPS>Healer.

Tanks need it slightly more than DPS because they hold aggro, which means they are attacked more so they need enemies to miss more, which requires higher Accuracy ratings.
CE VIP

Iandayen
01.06.2012 , 12:55 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by AngelousWang View Post
Accuracy does not calculate into healing at all, it's a stat that calculates against enemy status in order to calculate your and their hit rates.

Enemies status are not calculated with Healing as it is a player to player move, so as such is impossible to miss with Healing anyway.

In terms of usefulness Accuracy is Tank>DPS>Healer.

Tanks need it slightly more than DPS because they hold aggro, which means they are attacked more so they need enemies to miss more, which requires higher Accuracy ratings.
Wrong.

Accuracy has nothing to do with defense. At all.

It only has to do with you hitting the mob. That's it. Period.