Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Struggling to find a class to be my main

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Struggling to find a class to be my main

francduf
01.05.2012 , 01:19 PM | #1
Hello, I'm posting this because I seem to have problems finding the class I want to level to 50.

I've made numerous alt so far, sage(29), IA(24), and tons of sub 20.

I just can't seem to make my mind.

Anyone else was in the same situation and found a way to make a choice or have any recommendations?

I prefer the republic side, since I know I like to be on the underdog team.

Thanks for your inputs!

Leimus
01.05.2012 , 01:31 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by francduf View Post
Hello, I'm posting this because I seem to have problems finding the class I want to level to 50.

Anyone else was in the same situation and found a way to make a choice or have any recommendations?

Thanks for your inputs!
Used to be rather indecisive way back in years when it came to MMO characters. I doubt there's really any good way to make the pick, besides just taking the one that you're feeling like playing the most, and stick with it.

If and when after a period of time you're facing a situation where you'd rather play something else due to a) boring phase, b) feeling under powered, or c) something else being FOTM, just consider that you'll face the same situation as all the other classes as well at some point.

And maybe just some people like it more to split their attention to multiple characters. In my case playing has been largely more rewarding when just going with one single character, and not bothering with anything else.

I'm going commando healer, and couldn't care less how terrible the character might be later on in certain situations. I'm still progressing and making the most out of it.

Marak
01.06.2012 , 12:11 AM | #3
It's called "making a decision". And no I'm not being snarky. I had to go through this myself.

Make a list of pros and cons. Include every little stupid thing. Go with the one that has the most pros and decide to stick with it and ride it out to 50.

There is no wrong answer.

Aristander
01.06.2012 , 07:05 AM | #4
I have the exact same problem. I currently have 12 chars that are all level 14-20. Every evening that I play I try to stick with one character, but i never do. Still having fun playing, but I think that'll change if I don't commit to one or two characters in the next couple of weeks.

I'm an altaholic

Leiloni
01.06.2012 , 10:05 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by francduf View Post

Thanks for your inputs!
I have a number of characters as well because they're just all so fun and interesting. On both sides actually lol. But while I'm still leveling more than one character, I went with the character I had initially decided I wanted play when I was in beta which is the Jedi Sage. I remember going back to other games waiting for the game to come out, trying to find a toon that felt the same and had those cool boulder, rocks, and force animations, but obviously I couldn't lol. I could probably take any of the toons to 50 and love it (and I will take more than one eventually), but I just picked one. No big pro/con list or anything because for me they're all equally fun. Besides, the Sage was the first toon I created and was the highest in level, so it made sense.

So I don't know if that helps, but I'd say just pick one and go with it. I might suggest your Sage since it's the highest in level. Close your eyes and point if need be lol.
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=1753652#edit1753270

darthkeiren
01.06.2012 , 12:02 PM | #6
Why don't you try listing your playstyle and likes/dislikes, what's important or not to you, etc. then we can help you out with some well informed suggestions.
I HAS SHINIES

Bead
01.06.2012 , 12:10 PM | #7
Make one of each base class and level whichever fuels your fancy at the time. Tie them in with crew skills, make gear/mods/money everything for all your characters and companions. No reason to stick to one character, see all four story lines and support yourself. If this drags down your experience maybe one of the characters will have stood out and just stick with him for a bit out level all the other or w/e.