Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Act 1 finale: SPOILER!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Act 1 finale: SPOILER!

xxSharangirxx
01.06.2012 , 08:41 AM | #1
I warned you!

If you read this, you get spoiled with the end of Act 1 of the Jedi Consular Storyline!!!

Spoiler

I fear that the problem lies with the story design and that not everything was well thought-through...
Maybe the writers first had one outcome in mind and then changed to something else and the designers forgot to change the dialogues of previous encounters?

I'm confused..

Spoiler

Besides this little issue:
I'm totally happy with the Consular Storyline so far!

Only thing that I don't like:
I'm lvl 30 and only got Tharan (as a healer, the healer companion is not really useful) and Qyzen (I'll use him till the end, I guess He's already in full custom gear and quite the killer in 1 on 1 open pvp )
They should've brought in more companions earlier, so that one has a choice...

In the end, I'll only be able to play with Nadia, when I'd happen to do dailies, which I won't.. Leaving me to buy her presents which I can't afford, because I don't play dailies..
Luminous (EU PVP server, Republic)
Now Recruiting!

Zayta
01.06.2012 , 08:45 AM | #2
Spoiler

GavinPatterson
01.06.2012 , 08:55 AM | #3
its a flaw in the story - if you kill vivcar hes suppose to die as just like all the other masters.
Tharon - at first i thought the same as op - why would a healer need a healer...but he also as a very nice CC ability
Darth Nox, Dark Council member, heir of Kallig and Tulak Hord, and
Master of the dead.

xxSharangirxx
01.06.2012 , 09:05 AM | #4
Spoiler
Now Recruiting!

Arkene
01.06.2012 , 09:12 AM | #5
I'm rapidly coming to the conclusion that the consular's storyline was farmed out to an intern...

dexterryu
01.06.2012 , 10:50 AM | #6
It's not that hard to understand... if you kill Vivicar, the masters also die. They probably just didn't change the dialogue for saving none vs all of them dying because you killed vivicar.

Kaffis
01.06.2012 , 11:00 AM | #7
It seems that they overlooked making a variant line for Master Syo. Should it be corrected? Yeah, next time they've got the voice actor in for something else. It may have been reported in beta and put on a list of such lines to add/adjust and they just haven't had the opportunity to get the VA back in since.

I did the opposite of you, though, and that created a minor quibble for me, too...

Spoiler

I was mildly disappointed, as I felt it was a missed opportunity to make the moral decisions a bit more.. weighty.

TheCynic
01.06.2012 , 11:09 AM | #8
Its the 8 year old adviser problem. They wrote the story one way, but didn't triple check all the variances you could have made, Kill all masters, save all masters, kill 1, save rest, kill 2 and Viv, save rest....etc...Theres like what, 720 variations....no wait a sec forgot the girl 5040 ways the story could have played out
The Crew Skills button must also be a UI bug like the HIGH setting for textures.

xxSharangirxx
01.06.2012 , 02:19 PM | #9
Spoiler
Now Recruiting!

kinoons
02.09.2012 , 08:08 PM | #10
just to throw an idea out there -- your assuming they would all die immediately. Maybe they died individually at different times after vivicar was killed.