Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Best combo for pure farming?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Best combo for pure farming?

Dabrixmgp
01.05.2012 , 10:07 PM | #1
If I wanted to roll up a character to just use as a cash making mule once I hit 50 what would be the best route? In every MMO I have played going back to my UO Bard that camped Destard provoking Dragons I always had one character whos sole purpose was to generate enough income for other characters to ensure they always had the best gear while leveling. Whats the best way so far to accomplish that in this game?

Healing spec + DPS/Tank companion
DPS spec + Healing companion
Tank spec + Healing companion

Luckmann
01.05.2012 , 10:10 PM | #2
DPS AoE Sniper (RDPS) + DPS Companion.

Find something suitable slightly below your level.

I guarantee that your problem will be the time it takes for the mobs to respawn, not the time it takes to kill them or your own survivability.
Bevier, Knight of the EmpireLord Calypso, EU RP-PvP
WTB Jedi Battlelord's Chestguard, Greaves, Boots & Handgear.

Dabrixmgp
01.05.2012 , 10:33 PM | #3
would sorcerer work? I really dont like the way snipers play.

Ledden
01.06.2012 , 01:25 AM | #4
Sorc would work. Mercenary works too, tons of powerful AOEs.

ShockDevil
01.06.2012 , 05:54 AM | #5
Depends if you are farming lots of weak enemies or more difficult high value targets.

Personally I think the Shieldtech/Pyro Hybrid Bounty Hunter is the best balance of DPS and surviveability currently.
Look at your character, now back at mine, now back at yours, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped rerolling new classes, yours could play like mine...

Dabrixmgp
01.06.2012 , 10:14 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by ShockDevil View Post
Depends if you are farming lots of weak enemies or more difficult high value targets.

Personally I think the Shieldtech/Pyro Hybrid Bounty Hunter is the best balance of DPS and surviveability currently.
Well if the difficult targets are where the "phat loots" are at then I guess I will go P-tech. Is Mako good enough to keep you alive? Is the AI on companions good enough? I know the mercs in Everquest are pretty much the same combat wise as companions in this game but at release they were pretty stupid and buggy.