Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

IMO Enrage for Hardmode and Operations is bad mechanic

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
IMO Enrage for Hardmode and Operations is bad mechanic

LilSaihah
01.06.2012 , 12:14 AM | #51
Quote: Originally Posted by Fizil View Post
There isn't a 200% enrage at 25% it is time based, you are taking to long, that is what the thread is about.
Percentage based or no, that's still pretty horrible.
The Ebon Hawk
Sarrina | Nazani
Erinya | Tinaria | Laife

phaeze
01.06.2012 , 01:45 AM | #52
I was pretty shocked when I found out that EVERY SINGLE HARDMODE Flashpoint boss has relatively tight enrage timer (especially ones like HK47 and Krel Thak) I really do enjoy the occasional hard enrage boss where DPS is crucial, but it's become a bit excessive in hardmode flashpoints. Give us a hard enrage on the first boss, no enrage on the second boss, soft enrage on the last boss. Mix it up. People really enjoy different mechanics on different encounters.

Find different mechanics to challenge us outside of a hard enrage.

Ellie_
01.06.2012 , 05:38 AM | #53
I've killed every boss in hard mode EV except Soa as of yesterday and I think enrages are a very necessary mechanic for the reasons that have already been mentioned such as stacking more healers to slowpoke through an encounter they are still undergeared for.

There is a reason it's called hard mode. It's not for casuals. If you want to use some special olympics hybrid DPS roleplaying spec because "it's just a game", and whatever gear you could scrape together, by all means.

But don't complain when you cant clear content designed for more dedicated players.

There are also circumstances where you can skip some other mechanics to allow for higher group DPS output, such as leaving ranged DPS outside pillars on hard mode Annihilator and having healers keep them alive in the missile storm.

If you can't do it, get better players or downgrade to normal mode until you actually meet the gear or skill criteria for an encounter.

Seriously.