Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

If you oppose add-ons and combat logging....

BeBenNova
01.05.2012 , 11:46 PM | #31
People who oppose add-ons and meters are exactly the kind of people you described

Clueless, not interested in being the best they can be and ''play the game for fun'' they won't read up on fights because to them it feels like school, they won't min max because apparently the best spec isin't fun, but the terrible one is

The thing is, they don't want to be mixed with people of their skill level or with the same dedication as them, they want to be carried and be fed gear on a platter

The only reason they oppose add-ons and meters is because they know people will realize they're bad at the game and kick them from the raids they aren't performing enough in, especially when all bosses have enrage timers

AriasImmortal
01.05.2012 , 11:51 PM | #32
I just want to know why I died

slaogwerk
01.05.2012 , 11:56 PM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by Holograham View Post
This "add-on" debate will rage on till the end of time but I don't think BW will let 3rd party companies make add-ons for their game.
I have played many mmo's since the release of FF11 (personally my favorite mmo of all time) some have been good and some have been very bad, SW:TOR sits on the good side for me. But this doesn't mean that some things can't be fixed/added.

1. Allow UI customization, ie. re-sizable and movable elements
2. Allow a combat log and parsing

This is all anyone NEEDS, you could set your screen up how you like it and you could go over combat logs to your hearts content improving your game or helping others. Add-on's are unneeded and once you open that door you can't shut it, also I wouldn't mind having mouse over but can do without macros, they tend to make people lazy and I fear people will start making them to spam the chat channels.
Agreed. Believe it or not, if we humans are good at one thing, it's adapting. Sure, most of us whine and complain, but if we're faced with something we REALLY want to do and finish, we'll win in every case.

I want to be able to raid without being a number. Oh, you did X much dps there, says the raid leader, try doing Y much damage next time. In WoW, you're only a number. In every case, especially when there's this cross-server instancing and raiding. The community is dead.
CCCCCCC