Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How the heck does loot work in operations?

Vampyress
01.05.2012 , 07:22 PM | #1
Tonight was our first time in eternity vault and for some reason gear was being automatically assigned to people. We had some individuals get 3-4 pieces of loot whilst others got none. I myself got 2 pieces of tier loot whilst our other Sorc healer got none and master loot doesn't work either as you can't choose who to give loot too. As another awesome feature, once you come out of the corpse/chest you can no longer loot.

Are these bugs or intended design mechanics because quite frankly they are neither fair nor logical. A system designed to give people priority on gear is not an endgame system I particularly want to endorse.

Lalluna
01.05.2012 , 09:39 PM | #2
Turns out the auto assigned loot is a feature. Its to stop people from Ninjaing in Normal mode. Hard and Nightmare modes do not have auto assigned loot.

As for the other bug I dont quite understand. Once the person left the loot window they couldnt open it anymore? Perhaps they had already looted everything they had access to?
Lalluna & Lunix
1020 0367

Dranearian
01.05.2012 , 10:07 PM | #3
There is a "line" with a cooldown for chests.

If 3 people go into it all at once, only 1 person can actually loot it on that cooldown. You need to wait like 30 seconds before you can "re-loot" the chest. Its much faster if everyone takes turns.