Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

the location of flashpoints is very confusing

admriker
01.05.2012 , 05:53 PM | #1
anyone else confused on what is where ?

I pick up a flashpoint or whatever they are called in this MMO on a planet. Apparently its got a warp from the planet to the republic fleet.

I apparently can also just go directly there from the republic fleet and skip the planet ?

I got so lost once travelling from Balmorra to some other station, not the republic fleet. and from there discovered that apparently there are taxis between different parts of the fleet. I didnt even know there were different places there.

I also found this other level on an elevator that had what seemed like every possible flashpoint entrance in the game

at this point I dont know where that was again. Im confused on how Im supposed to ever even find groups for these places. Im questing on Balmorra and get a flashpoint thats not on Balmorra. Am I supposed to go sit at the republic fleet and spam for groups there ? seems like an inefficient use of lvling time. and to be honest (this might sound terrible) but Im too embarrassed to ask for a group there because frankly Im not even sure how I would get to the entrance to any of these flashpoints without going back to the planet and doing it from there.

I love the game Bioware but I find the flashpoint locations kinda confusing so Im pretty much just skipping them
In the beginning there was Ultima, and the devs said it was good.
Then there was Star Wars Galaxies, and the devs said oops can we start over.
And now The Old Republic, and the devs said Blizz eat my shorts

cethreepeeoh
01.05.2012 , 06:49 PM | #2
I wholeheartedly agree.

The droid on the Imperial fleet now gives me Hammer Station.....only problem is that I'm 32, while 'Boarding Party' is nowhere to be found and groups trying to share it with me tell me I'm not eligible for that.

No trouble picking up 'Trouble in the Tion Hegemony'.... too bad that one is RED to me.

Slomoshun
01.05.2012 , 06:55 PM | #3
I did at first, but then I got used to it cause I ran the FP's so many times.

Do yourself a favor and write them down or something.

Black Talon - Dromund Kaas Departures
Boarding Party - White Nova
Foundry - White Nova
The False Emperor - Ilum
Battle of Ilum - Ilum
Derective 7 - Ziost Shadow Mission Deck
EV/Bonethrasher - Ziost Shadow Mission Deck

I only posted the places that are open for Hard Modes btw..

Xatoo
01.05.2012 , 09:01 PM | #4
Maybe there should be a different color or style of triangle over the NPC or box where different missions are offered. Like gold/yellow for regular area quests, red for heroic 2, purple for heroic 4, blue for class quests and so on. It would make identification easier.
60 Marauder 60 Sorcerer
60 Sniper 60 Operative 60 Sage
60 Mercenary 60 Sentinel

60 Scoundrel 60 Vanguard 60 Assassin