Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sith Inquisitor: Artifice or Synthweaving?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Sith Inquisitor: Artifice or Synthweaving?

Duskthorn
12.14.2011 , 12:51 AM | #11
During the last beta my wife and I rolled sith. I took warrior she took inquisitor. I took synthweaving she took artifice.

Overall I found I could make gear for us that was just above our level and much better than the mission rewards. Not always but every now and then. The biggest benefit was that the armor you make has the right stats on them. Overall I provided maybe 45% of our armor. In any case it's helpful to be able to "plug the holes" in your gear. Most vendors don't like to sell chestpieces, and sometimes it takes a long time before you get to upgrade a particular item. Therefore a "meh" item you can make is better than what you already have.

With artifice my wife couldn't make lightsabers (granted we didn't get very far, just past Dromund Kaas), but the saber parts were invaluable. We got two lightsabers as drops and iirc one as a mission reward and thanks to the hilts, crystals etc she made I never had to change the original sabers I got when I became a marauder.

Both artifice and synthweaving are really useful skills for force users. I assume biochem will rock as well, but personally I would hesitate to pick cybertech on a Sith/Jedi. Maybe I'm wrong, hard to say at this stage.

Kainde
12.14.2011 , 01:03 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Duskthorn View Post
During the last beta my wife and I rolled sith. I took warrior she took inquisitor. I took synthweaving she took artifice.

Overall I found I could make gear for us that was just above our level and much better than the mission rewards. Not always but every now and then. The biggest benefit was that the armor you make has the right stats on them. Overall I provided maybe 45% of our armor. In any case it's helpful to be able to "plug the holes" in your gear. Most vendors don't like to sell chestpieces, and sometimes it takes a long time before you get to upgrade a particular item. Therefore a "meh" item you can make is better than what you already have.

With artifice my wife couldn't make lightsabers (granted we didn't get very far, just past Dromund Kaas), but the saber parts were invaluable. We got two lightsabers as drops and iirc one as a mission reward and thanks to the hilts, crystals etc she made I never had to change the original sabers I got when I became a marauder.

Both artifice and synthweaving are really useful skills for force users. I assume biochem will rock as well, but personally I would hesitate to pick cybertech on a Sith/Jedi. Maybe I'm wrong, hard to say at this stage.
This is exactly what my wife and I will be doing as well, down to who is playing what class even. She went so far as to create a chart to make sure we manage to get all of the Crew Skills properly handled among all of our characters.

Duskthorn
12.14.2011 , 01:15 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Kainde View Post
This is exactly what my wife and I will be doing as well, down to who is playing what class even. She went so far as to create a chart to make sure we manage to get all of the Crew Skills properly handled among all of our characters.
Spoooky! We've made a similar list as well!

Prolixity
12.14.2011 , 01:39 AM | #14
Kind of makes a guy want to get married -- for the gaming partner!

...almost

solmanian
12.14.2011 , 02:04 AM | #15
it depends on your ac. sorcerer should go for weave. assassin use their sabers more, so artifice.
Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ is not available in your region

Lasarith
12.14.2011 , 02:44 AM | #16
http://www.torhead.com/codices/catg/7

im Changeing TresureHunting for underworld tradeing (from beta) though i will miss the Compaion gifts, guess ill have to pay the Npc vendor for them.
10 Years and over 20 Mmo's and i still miss the first

Passioninfinte
12.14.2011 , 02:52 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by epicstarwarsfan View Post
Maybe I should switch to Artifice... I hear you can make actual Lightsabers. Anyone want to comfirm that?
No but you can change the stuff inside and make a emtpy red lightsaber and become a powerful one depending what you put in it. I was unable to "make" a light saber but i was able to mod it with better stuff making the weapon better.
http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-swtor/4fe7c95027f17994.png

Do not go gentle into that goodnight.
But rage, rage against the dying of the light ...

johanlofdahl
12.14.2011 , 03:29 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Duskthorn View Post

This is all great. I played beta until 37 and found out that especially after 30's you get alot of armors that have mods. So I went for cybertech while my RL mate went Artifice, that way we can make all the mods for all gear we need I suppose. Also mods are sold for commendations so easier to replace "crappy" mods then the whole piece while also attaining the looks.

Also, we dont have to share crystal nodes
Many kids would be happy to have a father but not Luke