Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Magenta Adegan Crystals (for Magenta Lightsaber)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Magenta Adegan Crystals (for Magenta Lightsaber)
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

MorgonKara's Avatar


MorgonKara
01.05.2012 , 06:08 PM | #81
This is off-topic, but I think it's funny how in MMOs that rare items get so much attention but sometimes seem somewhat arbitrary. Like, if magenta or purple crystals were a lvl 9 newb artifice schematic, I wonder if anyone would even care about them. In a way it's more about the prestige or rarity than the actual color. Purple and magenta crystals were basically a time a dozen in SWG and no one hardly used them.

How do they decide which colors should be rare? Yellow and orange are pretty common in SWTOR but never appear in the films.
Armormech-Armstech-Chemist-Mor-gon-M'orgon-Maxxi
Armormech-Armstech-Biochem-Artifice-Synthweaving-Cybertech
The Craft Legacy ~The Ebon Hawk

GeorgZoeller's Avatar


GeorgZoeller
01.05.2012 , 06:24 PM | #82 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by MAFIAxMaverick View Post
Magenta isn't purple dude.
An astute observation Sir. Magenta may or may not be the color you are looking for.

crimsonavenger's Avatar


crimsonavenger
01.05.2012 , 06:47 PM | #83
Quote: Originally Posted by MorgonKara View Post
This is off-topic, but I think it's funny how in MMOs that rare items get so much attention but sometimes seem somewhat arbitrary. Like, if magenta or purple crystals were a lvl 9 newb artifice schematic, I wonder if anyone would even care about them. In a way it's more about the prestige or rarity than the actual color. Purple and magenta crystals were basically a time a dozen in SWG and no one hardly used them.

How do they decide which colors should be rare? Yellow and orange are pretty common in SWTOR but never appear in the films.
If you take a peek in some of the other threads you'll notice that a large number of people who want Purple or Magenta or any color really don't want them because they're rare, they want them because of personal preference which is really what this whole thing is about. They've taken away what should be a core customization feature in order to make it a "prestige" or "rarity" thing. From what I've read they were relatively easy to get in Beta and yet hardly anyone used them except for those of us who wanted them because it's the color we like. In all seriousness I really think they ought to make lightsaber blade color a universal changeable thing on all of them and switch out Color Crystals for Focusing Lens's or hell just chuck the stats from the crystals onto the hilt or some other aspect of them. That way there is no Advantage or Disadvantage to having one color over another.
Elinel Zaxis, Jedi Guardian
Thilena Zaxis, Jedi Shadow
Leader of Legion, a Republic Guild
"..And I shall be the sword which strikes at the very heart of Darkness..."

Tohrazer's Avatar


Tohrazer
01.05.2012 , 09:40 PM | #84
Quote: Originally Posted by crimsonavenger View Post
If you take a peek in some of the other threads you'll notice that a large number of people who want Purple or Magenta or any color really don't want them because they're rare, they want them because of personal preference which is really what this whole thing is about. They've taken away what should be a core customization feature in order to make it a "prestige" or "rarity" thing. From what I've read they were relatively easy to get in Beta and yet hardly anyone used them except for those of us who wanted them because it's the color we like. In all seriousness I really think they ought to make lightsaber blade color a universal changeable thing on all of them and switch out Color Crystals for Focusing Lens's or hell just chuck the stats from the crystals onto the hilt or some other aspect of them. That way there is no Advantage or Disadvantage to having one color over another.
agreed, its a pain that some colours give certain stats etc

additionally, i dont think its very fair that every L50 imp that pvp's for a week gets a purple PVP lightsaber, when republic are stuck with a horrible colour? afaik the only purple lightsaber in the movies was wielded by a Jedi

what does bioware have against republic? why this constant bias towards empire? all the cool animations, all the unfair not-so-mirror abilities, item looks, etc etc
Guild Leader | Aggressive Negotiations
Negotiations With a Lightsaber!
3 World first Kills, Ex SK Gaming/Curse, played wow, swg, aoc, war, ddo, lotro, and the rest

Taran_Tatsuuchi's Avatar


Taran_Tatsuuchi
01.05.2012 , 10:21 PM | #85
I had considered getting purple colors for some of my characters... but it seems I can't... and it is disheartening... :/


And really, I want cosmetic choices to be able to be through the entire story if i so choose...

MAFIAxMaverick's Avatar


MAFIAxMaverick
01.05.2012 , 10:49 PM | #86
Quote: Originally Posted by GeorgZoeller View Post
An astute observation Sir. Magenta may or may not be the color you are looking for.

But the Advanced Lethal Magenta Crystal itself is magenta is it not? I was not referring the Magenta Adegan Crystal, which I will find eventually by the way! Hide it all you want I didn't 100% all the Mass Effects, DAs, and KoTORs for nothing

ZeroEdgeir's Avatar


ZeroEdgeir
01.06.2012 , 12:09 AM | #87
Quote: Originally Posted by Malakriss View Post
That is the same problem for crafting in general where 23 and 24 schematics are nowhere to be found, but we're already obtaining Rakata gear with 25s on them.
This right here, is a big problem. Knowing what I do right now, I feel like all the time spent as an Artifice, is wasted, if I can't even craft comparable Crystals, Hilts, or Enhancements. At least Cybertech gets things like mounts/vehicles.

This is seemingly VERY similar to that of other MMOs: Crafting can make you okay stuff, but unless you do the hardest content available, you do not get anything worthy of note. Not what I would call diverse paths of progression.

If there was honestly a disclaimer of "Nothing you can craft will ever measure up even close to what PvP/Ops award", I would have taken up Slicing instead, and just hoarded credits.

DarthMicalas's Avatar


DarthMicalas
01.06.2012 , 12:34 AM | #88
The magenta crystal artifice pattern drops off of the world boss on Belsavis. It dropped for my friend a few days ago.

Quote: Originally Posted by Tohrazer View Post
agreed, its a pain that some colours give certain stats etc

additionally, i dont think its very fair that every L50 imp that pvp's for a week gets a purple PVP lightsaber, when republic are stuck with a horrible colour? afaik the only purple lightsaber in the movies was wielded by a Jedi

what does bioware have against republic? why this constant bias towards empire? all the cool animations, all the unfair not-so-mirror abilities, item looks, etc etc
The only reason Windu's lightsaber was purple was because Samuel L. Jackson wanted to stand out and requested that Lucas let him have one.

Quote: Originally Posted by ZeroEdgeir View Post
If there was honestly a disclaimer of "Nothing you can craft will ever measure up even close to what PvP/Ops award", I would have taken up Slicing instead, and just hoarded credits.
That's the way it should be, honestly. I like WotLK's method of letting you get gear one tier behind without raiding though. No reason people can't EVENTUALLY get the great gear.

With that said, crafting is a bit useless right now. You can't create gear that's on par with the really good stuff and orange gear makes low level patterns useless.

DaShuk's Avatar


DaShuk
01.06.2012 , 12:57 AM | #89
Quote: Originally Posted by MorgonKara View Post
This is off-topic, but I think it's funny how in MMOs that rare items get so much attention but sometimes seem somewhat arbitrary. Like, if magenta or purple crystals were a lvl 9 newb artifice schematic, I wonder if anyone would even care about them. In a way it's more about the prestige or rarity than the actual color. Purple and magenta crystals were basically a time a dozen in SWG and no one hardly used them.

How do they decide which colors should be rare? Yellow and orange are pretty common in SWTOR but never appear in the films.
I believe Plo Koon used a yellow saber, but can't remember if it appeared in any of the films.

MAFIAxMaverick's Avatar


MAFIAxMaverick
01.06.2012 , 12:58 AM | #90
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthMicalas View Post

The only reason Windu's lightsaber was purple was because Samuel L. Jackson wanted to stand out and requested that Lucas let him have one.
I feel like most people don't know this. Just gotta watch some behind the scenes stuff :P. In all reality though Adegan crystals were very rare which is why making these magenta ones are so rare because you need an Adegan crystal.