Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Lost Item Mods After Patch 1/4/12

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Lost Item Mods After Patch 1/4/12

Rizah
01.04.2012 , 01:56 PM | #1
I logged in this morning after the patch and noticed I had much less stats than last night.
Looked around and saw my helmet slot was missing every mod in it.

Last night before servers went down I got the helmet from D7. I switched some mods around with the previous helmet to maximize stat benefits. That was as the second sever shutdown notification came through. This morning, all the mods are missing. Not my inventory, not on the old helmet, not in mail. Gone.

Refund. Now. kthx.

Komatsua
01.05.2012 , 10:45 AM | #2
I have the same problem. It happened to me twice last night within 4 hours, that I've lost all 3 modifications on my chest part after changing the modifications for better ones.

Locustone
01.05.2012 , 11:34 AM | #3
Wow, this is terrible... I upgraded my slots 4 mins before server shut down last night and logged out. I better not find empty slots on my armor! This would really be upsetting.

BoMbY
01.05.2012 , 11:49 AM | #4
There are some threads about it already. It happens since December, and the exact trigger is not known, but it should have something to do with entering/leaving an area/your ship. If you post your item to the chat, you should still see the mods, but they don't have any effect.

Despite the fact that many people have opened tickets about this, nothing has ever happened about this (as far as I know). If this bug would have been escalated, I'm sure the devs would give it highest priority, but unfortunately the first level support is currently not working right.

BoMbY
01.05.2012 , 12:19 PM | #5
One addition: Just modded my gauntlets that I'm wearing, and then modded an item in my inventory with a cheap mod, and then entered my ship. As expected, only the last changed cheap mod from my inventory item disappeared. So this error is reproducable (for me), and this may be a workaround to not lose a bunch of expensive mods.

_ExiTiuM_
01.05.2012 , 05:27 PM | #6
Sorry to hear you all lost your item modifications. I hate to say it, good luck getting them back. I originally received a quest item and ended up losing the item modifications for the item when flying to the Imperial Fleet. This was back on 12/29. After filing a ticket, not getting any response back, and not playing the game for a few days I ended up going to the Market and purchasing another helm so I could continue playing. On that item I spent well over 13,000 credits. Two days later I ended up losing my item mods again while going to a different zone. At this point I was extremely frustrated at the lack of CS and support related to this issue. I submitted at least a good 8 tickets and got responses saying they'd look into the issue and then closing my tickets. I even went as far as calling CS and escalating the issues to the CS managers who stated they would escalate the issues on their end. Well, it is now 01/05 and my initial item that I submitted my ticket for is still unresolved and so is my most recent ticket for the item I purchased. I even received a message to my ticket from an "Aaron" stating they could not verify the lost items and could not provide me my items backs. I feel as though we as a community need to put more pressure on BioWare because this is unacceptable. Yes, I understand the game recently came out and there are numerous bugs plaguing the game, but if we as a community fail to do anything, we are setting this game up to fail. I am sure the majority of us love playing this game, as valued customers who are allowing this company to generate their millions and millions of dollars out of us, we deserve better treatment, faster resolutions, and better customer service. Providing automated responses to issues is intolerable and displaying to customers the lack of responsibility and closure we need to continue playing this game. Hopefully speaking out will get our issues heard and resolved in a timely manner.