Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Login Service

Saintaurelius
01.05.2012 , 04:43 PM | #1
Im still stuck on the login screen. It keeps telling me the login service is currently unavailable and to check forums for updates. Its been like that since I installed the game. My firewall is not blocking it and my time zone for my computer and account are both correct. Is this due to server maintenance? or is it a bug and dose anyone know the solution.
One Man's Hero is another Man's Demon

Saintaurelius
01.05.2012 , 04:50 PM | #2
bump

Packetdancer
01.05.2012 , 04:56 PM | #3
There are several possible issues. You could genuinely have a routing error; if you can't ping launchpad.swtor.com, that's the issue, and you may have to talk to your ISP.

If not, however, there's a couple possibilities you can try. Rather than copy-pasting the list here, I'm going to just point you to the troubleshooting guide linked in my signature; read the 'The login service is unavailable' section. If the simple fixes in that section don't work, please heed the droid quoted in that section and send them the requested MsInfo32 output before trying any of the more advanced fixes. Getting the info to them will help them track down ways to detect (and work around) the issue in later launcher builds, and help everyone have a better time getting in game.

Hope that helps.
Pahke Stardancer (Jedi Sentinel, Save Taris) / Random CS Forum Participant
Writer, photographer, software engineer, GAMER.

docTOR: SWTOR Launcher Troubleshooting Guide

Saintaurelius
01.05.2012 , 05:03 PM | #4
ty you are my hero my time was correct but not sync to the internet thnx for the help.

Packetdancer
01.05.2012 , 05:07 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Saintaurelius View Post
ty you are my hero my time was correct but not sync to the internet thnx for the help.
Glad the fix was one of the simple ones!
Pahke Stardancer (Jedi Sentinel, Save Taris) / Random CS Forum Participant
Writer, photographer, software engineer, GAMER.

docTOR: SWTOR Launcher Troubleshooting Guide

Saintaurelius
01.05.2012 , 05:16 PM | #6
yah it was an odd thing that i had to fix but thing are good now lol