Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Stealth has been made a liability.

Roks
01.05.2012 , 04:44 PM | #11
This is quite annoying. It makes stealth classes crap in certain content. Specially when you gain certain abilities when you come out of stealth on a target, like higher force regen for a few seconds and etc. And having the ability to aggro mobs/bosses when your 20 ft behind everyone else and them not ready is bull. A raid stealther is not going to be seen much.
I have you now.

Yes, I'm talking about you, herpes.

Roks
01.05.2012 , 04:46 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Crowbarx View Post
Yes you do, this is why you have to stand farther back before combat in stealth, you have to be aprox. 15m away from your group if your group is 15m from the boss. If you do see the target for whatever reason you are too close so pop out of stealth, you won't aggro, run back farther and restealth and you should be fine.
Having to do this, negates the idea of STEALTH.
I have you now.

Yes, I'm talking about you, herpes.

AJGeraden
01.05.2012 , 05:07 PM | #13
Not to mention that this doesn't make any sense from a practical or logical standpoint:

"Hey, you over there! I see you trying to hide from me...you're right behind that other group of people there! What? No, they're just going about their business. YOU'RE the droid I'm looking for!"

KidMcClaren
01.05.2012 , 05:44 PM | #14
I mean I have no problem with stealth detection on mobs or bosses. So I can't get any closer to the boss/mob than anyone else, big deal I can't go tickle his chin and run away giggling. I get that. But the fact that he can magically see my invisible *** Past the large group of dudes intent on murdering him seems a little excessive. And as far as it being a mechanic to keep bursty stealth classes from pulling aggro, that's what tanks are for, to shout at us dps

phaeze
01.05.2012 , 09:33 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by AJGeraden View Post
Not to mention that this doesn't make any sense from a practical or logical standpoint:

"Hey, you over there! I see you trying to hide from me...you're right behind that other group of people there! What? No, they're just going about their business. YOU'RE the droid I'm looking for!"
Exactly why this is such a big issue to me.

Stealth is supposed to be an advantage, not put us at a disadvantage for using one of our abilities. I have no problem with bosses detecting stealth, but I do have a problem when it often results in a wipe because the boss saw me even though I was further from the boss than the rest of my party.

RoyalAlkesh
01.05.2012 , 09:52 PM | #16
I don't see a problem with this mechanic because it allows your tank to establish aggro without you pulling from your huge burst damage. With my current gear I'm opening with like 5-6K crits on all boss mobs in EV atm. There have been moments where I've been able to get close enough to do my stealth opening as the tank pulls and I almost always pull aggro off the tank from the huge burst.
Because if the tank is competent, and I properly balance my cooldowns (for example, countermeasures?), that isn't a problem. And what about Assassins? It's my experience that they have less burst than Operatives do - what's your reasoning there?

Even if you were right, it would still be sloppy design by Bioware. Instead of artificially punishing all stealth classes, maybe they should consider fixing the burst threat problem?

Quote:
So even though I take much longer to get in combat I don't really lose any dps from the huge burst capability my class has. We also have talents which greatly increase our speed while stealthed which really helps getting into combat faster from running up from the back of the room.

Yes, you do lose DPS. Every second you're not attacking is lost DPS. Even with the speed increase talents, Operatives are still the slowest class to get into melee already. Every other melee class has an effective gap closer - whether it be a charge, or a sprint. Stealth is supposed to be our's. Instead, we have to blow two points in a t5 talent, and blow our vanish in order to get a boost that is still slower than every other class and, because of the way stealth detection is currently set up, we have to start from further back than any other class? That's poor design, and it needs to be changed.

GenericBadGuy
01.08.2012 , 01:58 PM | #17
I just finished a guild run of Eternity Vault and we cleared all the way to Soa.

NONE of the bosses or enemies in there can see through stealth like the ones in flashpoints and quest areas can. It boggles my mind why the discrepancy exists and it only seems to support the idea that this was a last minute addition that has not been tested well.

Well now you have the feedback! Please fix this!
Chewie and I have gotten into pants more heavily guarded than this.

Pandamaja
03.20.2012 , 03:50 PM | #18
Yes you do, this is why you have to stand farther back before combat in stealth, you have to be aprox. 15m away from your group if your group is 15m from the boss. If you do see the target for whatever reason you are too close so pop out of stealth, you won't aggro, run back farther and restealth and you should be fine.
Wait, so if we're stealth, we're supposed to stand further away? Does that not completely invalidate the reason for being stealthed?

Monkar
03.20.2012 , 03:54 PM | #19
It's ridiculous but I doubt the braintrust is going to do anything anytime soon. They are busy making absurd decisions elsewhere to care.

terminova
03.20.2012 , 08:40 PM | #20
I don't see a problem with this mechanic because it allows your tank to establish aggro without you pulling from your huge burst damage. With my current gear I'm opening with like 5-6K crits on all boss mobs in EV atm. There have been moments where I've been able to get close enough to do my stealth opening as the tank pulls and I almost always pull aggro off the tank from the huge burst.

So even though I take much longer to get in combat I don't really lose any dps from the huge burst capability my class has. We also have talents which greatly increase our speed while stealthed which really helps getting into combat faster from running up from the back of the room.
This might not be a game-breaking problem for you, but for others it's game-breaking. There's simply no reason for a mob to be able to put a group into combat simply because their ability to detect stealth is longer than their aggro range. If their aggro range is a certain distance, their ability to detect stealth shouldn't exceed that range meaning if a mob is beyond the distance they would aggro to a character, they shouldn't be able to pull them out of stealth, either.
Quote: Originally Posted by Toxen View Post
I support...wait, which thread is this? Sorry, I'm following a lot of flame wars at the moment. Uh, oh yeah, clicking!

I support clicking!