Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Origin "Redeem Product Code" Issue

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Origin "Redeem Product Code" Issue
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

huntermaid
12.13.2011 , 10:57 PM | #111
Quote: Originally Posted by Clabuc View Post
Same problem here.
I preordered via Origin, and I got the usual confirmation e-mail, which also contained this:

"Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Digital Standard Edition Pre-Order Fee
Unlock Code"
I have used that code on the website, and I got access to the early access program, and I also got a stone to change the color of my lightsaber.

In the Code Redemption page in My Account, I have this:

12.02.2011 Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Early Game Access: Ready to patch
12.02.2011 Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Digital Standard Edition Pre-Order

However, in the same My Account page, I cannot set a subscription, because, If I access the "redeem a product registration code", it says the code is already in use.
I have tried both the code I got in the email, and the product code in Origin.

You dont need a product registration code until 20 Dec. you used your Pre Order code on 12.02.2011, thats all you need to get early game acces.

skyner
12.13.2011 , 11:51 PM | #112
Quote: Originally Posted by huntermaid View Post
You dont need a product registration code until 20 Dec. you used your Pre Order code on 12.02.2011, thats all you need to get early game acces.
Yes but apparently origin and bioware have not been communicating, and now this website thinks that the pre-order code is already in use, thus we arent able to play till 20th.
All hail Darth Revan!

icrusoe
12.13.2011 , 11:59 PM | #113
Bioware says "If you are a pre-order customer, the following steps are NOT required for Early Game Access." regarding the steps on your Account Summary..

and for the client download, use the one here on the site, that way Origin is not involved.. Can be found on the Pre Order section under "My Account"..

If this doesn't work, contact the support team.. =)

Skyner: Contact Origin and find out what the problem is, cause if your code is in use and you haven't used it yourself then something is very wrong...
Hey.. I died again...

Jeddahwe
12.14.2011 , 12:00 AM | #114
Same here an Origin GIVE ZERO help!
“[Luke:] I can’t believe it. [Yoda:] That is why you fail.”

Draperx
12.14.2011 , 12:03 AM | #115
I got my preorder code from amazon but they said they wouldn't deliver the game to mid Jan, so i cancelled that preorder although i have the preorder code and re-ordered a code for Origin which i will recieve on release.

If I made my SW account before ordering the game on Origin, can I use that code on an already created account or does Origin require me to make a new account later for the origin code ?

icrusoe
12.14.2011 , 12:04 AM | #116
I have Origin and have no trouble with the client or the codes.. I have everything downloaded and ready to go for Early Access... Just waiting for the mail..

Is it after the mail confirmation of early access you have trouble with codes??
Hey.. I died again...

STrujillo
12.14.2011 , 12:14 AM | #117
Quote: Originally Posted by thesoundofwolf View Post
Having the same problem. And it's making me nervous that I won't have early access sent to me via email because of it?!

Gee, good thing I paid extra for it. :c
Does this problem exclude us from the early access?
“Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.”
Terry Pratchett, Jingo

Morhir
12.14.2011 , 12:30 AM | #118
I think there is a lot of confusion in this thread. People are not reading the posts in the thread either to find out that saying you have the same problem is meaningless when the question has been answered.

Let me clarify what I think has happened.

You guys haven't received an email saying you early access has begun, but are trying to redeem and get in to a game you're not currently authorised to do. The code you already redeemed is the early access and not the game product key, that is a separate thing all together. You will have to wait for Bioware to email you to tell you that you indeed are welcome to start playing in the early access on the date specified in that email. Once you have done that just open up the client and forget about the Product key until you have a copy of the game in your hand or better yet the 20th Dec.

Please correct me if my assumption is wrong here as the thread is quite convoluted with regards to the use of CD Key, Product key and early access key.
Some of them want to use you, some of them want to get used by you. Some of them want to abuse you,
some of them want to be abused.

Revenar
12.14.2011 , 12:50 AM | #119
If you already redeemed your preorder code, then just run the client once you get the email confirming you have been granted Early Access. You don't have to enter the game code until the 20th (when the game goes public release).

Cerimon
12.14.2011 , 12:51 AM | #120 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Greetings All,

Please be advised that if you purchased your Pre-Order from origin you should by now have received and redeemed your Pre-Order code here. You will receive your Product Code/Serial Number by email on or before December 20th in order to continue to play past the Early Access period. If you have an issue with your Origin purchase please contact Origin Customer Support directly.

Please also see this sticky to clear up any confusion regarding Early Access emails.

Thank you for Pre-Ordering Star Wars™: The Old Republic™

Cerimon | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support