Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

'Redeem a Product Registration Code'

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
'Redeem a Product Registration Code'

Revenar
12.14.2011 , 12:40 AM | #11
The preorder code is not the actual game code. That's why it's saying you haven't entered one yet. When you received the box product (or you receive the purchase confirmation from Origin if you ordered it online), you'll have the actual game code you can enter to activate your game itself.

JooHateMe
12.14.2011 , 12:42 AM | #12
pretty much... if you havent received an email in the last 12 hours saying that you are now able to sign in.. your still waiting for an email with your actual product registration key.. just hold tight and when your turn is up you'll get your email.

Raiffe
12.14.2011 , 12:46 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by JooHateMe View Post
that code you got is a pre-order registration code.. you will need to wait for them to send you a final product registration code as soon as your chosen for early access.. They are doing staggered releasing.. so alot of people have not received their product codes yet (including myself).. as soon as you get it in the mail.. could be tonight.. could be tomorrow.. you will use that code to register and enter the game.
Well I got an email this morning at 6am telling me I can start, and I did not get any other codes or information. I've been playing all day and just now noticed the swtor.com acount was asking for another code.

Raita
12.14.2011 , 12:47 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Raiffe View Post
Well I got an email this morning at 6am telling me I can start, and I did not get any other codes or information. I've been playing all day and just now noticed the swtor.com acount was asking for another code.
Thus, it's a glitch on the website and nothing else - most probably.

_Silversoth_
12.14.2011 , 12:48 AM | #15
How come I havent received an email with the registration key or saying that I can start playing already even though I was able to log in yesterday, create a character and start playing? I decided to try my luck and see what happens if I try to log in and apparently got lucky.

I can't set up a subscription because apparently I haven't redeemed this code that they are supposed to send.

Raiffe
12.14.2011 , 12:49 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Raita View Post
Thus, it's a glitch on the website and nothing else - most probably.
Even though it explicitly states that the code you received was for pre-order early access only and wasn't the code for normal start?

No offense, but I'm not really sure anyone knows the right answer. I already sent an email to support for clarification so we shall see.

Boubba
12.14.2011 , 12:52 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by _Silversoth_ View Post
How come I havent received an email with the registration key or saying that I can start playing already even though I was able to log in yesterday, create a character and start playing? I decided to try my luck and see what happens if I try to log in and apparently got lucky.

I can't set up a subscription because apparently I haven't redeemed this code that they are supposed to send.
It's normal, the game hasn't been officially released yet.
When it does, either you will get your physical game box with the product code inside (mind you, NOT the pre-order code ) or Origin will send you a code by mail.
You will then be able to register your game on the official launch date (the 20th of December) and setup a subscription.

DoctorVanGogh
12.14.2011 , 12:52 AM | #18
The 'Product Registration code' refers to your Release game key, which you will either find in your physical game box once you receive it, or in the email Origin will start sending out on the 16th if you preordered digital versions.

There will be no additional 'early access' code or similar in the "you're in now" EGA invitation mails.

Once you're in, the history on the 'Code redemption' page will switch from something like this:
Quote:
11.02.2011 Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Early Game Access: Ready to patch
MM.DD.2011 Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ <XXX> Edition Pre-Order
to
Quote:
12.DD.2011 Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Early Game Access: Ready to play
11.02.2011 Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Early Game Access: Ready to patch
MM.DD.2011 Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ <XXX> Edition Pre-Order
The additional entry will be automatically added to your history. In fact once that extra entry shows up there you can play in EGA. So even if your invitation mail get's lost/delayed/flagged as spam, you're good once that extra entry shows up.
Band of Brothers
Eine PvE/PvP Republik Gilde auf The Jedi Tower, EU

Boubba
12.14.2011 , 12:55 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Raiffe View Post
Even though it explicitly states that the code you received was for pre-order early access only and wasn't the code for normal start?

No offense, but I'm not really sure anyone knows the right answer. I already sent an email to support for clarification so we shall see.
See my answer above or check either that thread or this one.

Believe me, those questions have been asked for hours last night

DoctorBeckett
12.14.2011 , 12:56 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by A4-I4 View Post
Greetings All,

Please be advised that if you purchased your Pre-Order from origin you should by now have received and redeemed your Pre-Order code
here. You will receive your Product Code/Serial Number by email on or before December 20th in order to continue to play past the Early Access period. If you have an issue with your Origin purchase please contact Origin Customer Support directly.

Please also see this sticky to clear up any confusion regarding Early Access emails.

Thank you for Pre-Ordering Star Wars™: The Old Republic™
They just answered this...
For free stuff...
Are you looking for an endgame guild on the Harbinger server? Join <Hawke's Flight>(Imp side) and <Hawke's Nest> (Pub side). Pub/Imp sides.
PST Hawketank (Imp) or HawkeSent (Pub) or PM me here for invite.