Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Finding Groups for Flashpoints is Frustrating

androidzorz
01.05.2012 , 02:57 PM | #11
I'm an officer for what is probably the most successful Imperial guild on my server so far (not gloating, using it to make a point), and even then finding a group for flashpoints is pretty difficult. We have 290ish members and 1-50 level range but it just seems like nobody wants to do flashpoints, for the most part, on the server as a whole.. As an example, I sat in the fleet for an hour and a half to find a group for The Foundry, I flew to planets with the same level range and asked in their general chats and still practically no interest. Guildmates don't usually want to do it, either. I've given up trying to find a group for The Red Reaper and groups for Colicoid War Game are few and far between to say the least. The only constant groups I see are for Black Talon/Esseles, Hammer Station, and Athiss. Then we get some for Mandalorian Raiders, Then people get to Cademimu and can't find a group for their life and they give up after that. This is just my experience on my server, however. Anyone else on a server with lazy/unwilling/unsocial (whatever word you want to use) players when it comes to flashpoints?

moosedog
01.05.2012 , 03:04 PM | #12
You mean you don't enjoy sitting at the fleet spamming general in between chuck norris and arrow to the knee jokes for 20+ minutes? it's the highlight of my day.

WasabiWei
01.05.2012 , 03:05 PM | #13
I'm one of those 'lazy' players. I'd love to do a flashpoint, but at level 33 I have not done a single one yet. I typically grey out areas before I am even done with all the solo quests. I make a special effort to sit around for the Heriocs, sometimes even going back to 'old' planets to do a grey mission just for the storyline. I guess with the extra effort involved in Flashpoint grouping I just never seem to feel the urge to go through the hassle.

I'd like to try some, but can't be bothered when the other content is begging to be played.

quazzi
01.05.2012 , 03:06 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Moricthian View Post
You know that person in your life who still listens to casette players because they absolutely refuse to change? Prepare to argue with those people...
You sir win the Internet for today. That is exactly the mentality that seems to crawl its way out in the general forum...

I would love for them to...
Just take the current /who LFG and make it its own tab, All players currently on the server using the LFG tool already built into the game will show up in a nice list. Hell add check boxes for things you would like to do, That way you could easily sort. You still would have to whisper and group up on your own but you can now easily see everyone whos looking to group instead of spaming chat..
(▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀\[0]☲ↂ☲[0]\▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀)

Cyntric
01.05.2012 , 03:08 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by moosedog View Post
You mean you don't enjoy sitting at the fleet spamming general in between chuck norris and arrow to the knee jokes for 20+ minutes? it's the highlight of my day.
Oh yes I just love that!

loudent
01.05.2012 , 03:11 PM | #16
It can be. there have been times when I hit the sweet spot and could find group after group after group and there have been times when I spent half an hour trying to form a group only to realize it wasn't going to happe.

Of course it helps that I almost always play tanks or healers. I have been doing stuff in fleet (crafting, managing inventory, training etc etc) and have witnessed people spamming LFG for a lot longer (hour +) only have findally give up. This is really bad for the game. People need to run flashpoints at the appropriate levels.

As to the LFG setting on your social window. There are 3 problems with that;
1) A lot of players are not even aware of it
2) The "comment window" is so short you can't put anything meaningful into it
3) Even if you get what you want in the comment window, it resets when zone to new place replaces it with the generic text "LFG" which is not helpful

Quote: Originally Posted by KiroLM View Post
Join a guild

</thread>
It seems to me that if people Coalesce into seperate groups and only play with eeach other that would destroy any community the server could have had.

Kabloosh
01.05.2012 , 03:12 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by bassfu View Post
You'd be spending the same amount of time AFKing in Stormwind waiting for a queue.
pree 1 button and wait or

/1 lfg dps BT
repeat for about 5 to 15 minutes and finally found someone
/1 lf2m heals/tank BT
repeat for about another 5 minutes
/1 lf1m tank BT
repeat this for like 10-50 minutes cause you'll never know when you may get one

Smurfsauce
01.05.2012 , 03:14 PM | #18
LFG tab wouldn't be bad.

Otherwise just skip the flashpoint and do it at a different time. What's to say that people would even respond to you wanting to do the flashpoint even after an LFG tab is created? It's all based on people and what time they have.

I might be looking for a group on my server for just a regular heroic quest at one hour (probably 1pm) and no one even gives a ****. But when I come back like 3 hours later, everyone and their mom wants to do the quest and people begin asking around 10 minute intervals until maybe 2:30am.

Vexas
01.05.2012 , 03:15 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by bassfu View Post
You'd be spending the same amount of time AFKing in Stormwind waiting for a queue.
Incorrect.
. NOOOOOOOoOoOooooo...!!

androidzorz
01.05.2012 , 03:17 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Smurfsauce View Post
LFG tab wouldn't be bad.

Otherwise just skip the flashpoint and do it at a different time. What's to say that people would even respond to you wanting to do the flashpoint even after an LFG tab is created? It's all based on people and what time they have.

I might be looking for a group on my server for just a regular heroic quest at one hour (probably 1pm) and no one even gives a ****. But when I come back like 3 hours later, everyone and their mom wants to do the quest and people begin asking around 10 minute intervals until maybe 2:30am.
The only problem with skipping flashpoints is that when you go back and do the quest when you're higher level you get something like 5XP for completing the quest when you're done. This may just be after you already ran said flashpoint, but if you're only gonna get 5XP for it, what's the point of making it a daily quest? Just to be able to do the bonus mission again?