Operatives, my two cents versus tanks

Xarem

Yes another operatives thread i'm sure.

I have never seen a class in an mmo need a nerf so, so hard. The fact that an operative can destroy me, A fully specced shadow tank in near full champion PVP gear is beyond wrong. I'm fully ok with an operative being able to do that kind of damage to say a sorcerer or another light armored squishy, but the fact that as soon as a tank goes face down and comes back up with under 40% health (I'm sitting at 18.5k atm) in under 2 seconds

is

broken

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have never seen a class in an mmo need a nerf so, so hard. The fact that an operative can destroy me, A fully specced shadow tank in near full champion PVP gear is beyond wrong. I'm fully ok with an operative being able to do that kind of damage to say a sorcerer or another light armored squishy, but the fact that as soon as a tank goes face down and comes back up with under 40% health (I'm sitting at 18.5k atm) in under 2 seconds

is

broken

And then you pop your rakata medpac and you're good to go.

is

broken

So what you're saying is, under the best possible scenario with buffs and everything critting an Op can almost kill you on his opener. After which point you can use a few of your own cooldowns and rip his face off because he has almost no sustained damage. All of this of course assuming this is a 1v1 (which it never should be) and there's no one around to CC or heal or shield or anything you during his opener, which would instantly negate the Op's whole attack.

I say all this as a full champion geared Op who faces this exact scenario no less than 20 times a day against my servers better tanks.

And then you pop your rakata medpac and you're good to go.

Edit: Also this.

Edited by Rasui

you know what bugs me more then this? at least you're class can spec dps in eather of you're 2 trees and do AWSOME dmg being a tank/dps class. but as for bounty hunters who are powertechs? we have some ****** dps tree's and cant do enough dmg to kill a ranged caster/healer. they just heal through us even with all our CC timed to the best of there ability. and as for the tank part of bountry hunters....yeah we get owned bad and do no damage and can hardly take any. i think you would agree that they should buff the tank classes dmg trees to something more competitive in pvp or at least buff there defensive abilities and make them more of a damn erritant CC wise...

7400 in one hit? Into a tank? Cool story

Congrats for proving you have never stepped into a warzone.

Their opening knockdown lasts 4 seconds, and they can crit you 3-4 times (if lucky), while you lay flat on your can.

Congrats for proving you have never stepped into a warzone.

Their opening knockdown lasts 4 seconds, and they can crit you 3-4 times (if lucky), while you lay flat on your can.

Ofc, I made my Valor rank in space missions.

Congrats if you can do 3-4 globals under two seconds.

in under 2 seconds

in under 2 seconds

in under 2 seconds

in under 2 seconds
Edited by Keistown

you know what bugs me more then this? at least you're class can spec dps in eather of you're 2 trees and do AWSOME dmg being a tank/dps class. but as for bounty hunters who are powertechs? we have some ****** dps tree's and cant do enough dmg to kill a ranged caster/healer. they just heal through us even with all our CC timed to the best of there ability. and as for the tank part of bountry hunters....yeah we get owned bad and do no damage and can hardly take any. i think you would agree that they should buff the tank classes dmg trees to something more competitive in pvp or at least buff there defensive abilities and make them more of a damn erritant CC wise...

Hah you guys BH's are far more overpowered than Scoundrels/Ops dont even go there.

Sorry but unless you post a screenshot of an Op doing 7k on a fully champion geared, relic, and stim buffed tank...I'll believe it when I see it.

Cool story bro.

That never happens...maybe to a naked tank that doesn't buff at all sure.

Everyone knows operative is overpowered. Even Rasui who is clearly an operative responding to every nerf thread made. Obviously someone likes being OP and wants to continue. Can't blame you for that.

This is one of the many operative vids:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZ8o_WmpyyI

Please post a video of an operative opening on someone and losing the fight 1v1. I have never seen this, in game or video. This is the definition of overpowered.

is

broken

Show me a screenshot of someone doing over 7K damage to you in one hit. I dare you. Otherwise, you can feel free to ****.

Liar.

I'm not talking to you, learn to make a coherent post first. Preferably one where you don't say stabby operatives can heal.

Stabby operatives do have a heal like shotgunny scoundrels have a heal ... I believe it is 3% health every few seconds that stays up permanently.

Additionally, while it isn't a good heal, they have the basic heal of the class and the rakata medpac everyone is telling the tank to use.

I am not defending ignorant posts, just pointing out the flaw in your "coherent" post.