Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Merc Stats. Alacrity for Arsenal's?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Bounty Hunter > Mercenary
Merc Stats. Alacrity for Arsenal's?

Mamm
01.05.2012 , 01:44 PM | #11
And what u want from alacrity? Fast cast, low damage and overheat? You don't need cast speed, u live and damage only if nobody attack you, in close combat you die no chance, because INTERRUPTS.
Server: Lord Calypho.
Class: Bounty Hunter - Mercenary.
Name: Sader Bloodthirsty.
Level: 50. PvPrank: 64

Kazim
01.05.2012 , 02:11 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Crestlin View Post
1.3 Tracer with 1.5 GCD... Wasteful
Even if it reduced the GCD, Alacrity would still be useless.

We are constrained by resources, not time. Alacrity will not increase the amount of abilities you cast over a period of time, it will only increase the number of auto attacks (rapid shot)

Alacrity needs to increase energy/heat/force regeneration, like Haste does in WoW for rogue energy, DK runes, etc

Crestlin
01.05.2012 , 02:24 PM | #13
Agreed, limited resource pools with regressive regeneration, alacrity is not ideal at all.

Furyofwar
01.05.2012 , 02:30 PM | #14
^^ useless stat.

Furyofwar
01.05.2012 , 02:31 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Mamm View Post
And what u want from alacrity? Fast cast, low damage and overheat? You don't need cast speed, u live and damage only if nobody attack you, in close combat you die no chance, because INTERRUPTS.
You can fake cast tracer missile its extremely easy cause every newb in the world tries to interupt it. Besides I can kill a melee without casting a single Tracer its not hard.

SangraelWoW
01.05.2012 , 02:43 PM | #16
Now now, those .2 seconds where he knows he's done casting and he's just waiting on CD aren't wasteful, they're for peace of mind. And you can't put a value on that.

scorpinot
04.15.2012 , 04:18 AM | #17
Don't use it.

Bobinoo
10.30.2012 , 01:21 AM | #18
And for PVP? I'd imagine those .2 seconds of putting distance between you and your pursuer would be very helpful. Less time to be interrupted too...

Phasersablaze
10.30.2012 , 04:38 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by ArTexx View Post
Okay, I roll around as an Arsenal Merc. My question is should I stack on Alacrity? Well I have been only because I'm always using tracer missile's and such to cut the cast time down. Everything we do for the most part is casting. I want to back up my theory here. Let me hear your opinions.
No.

Just no.

Do you even read at all? there's like a bajillion guides out there.

xxIncubixx
10.31.2012 , 07:39 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Furyofwar View Post
You can fake cast tracer missile its extremely easy cause every newb in the world tries to interupt it. Besides I can kill a melee without casting a single Tracer its not hard.
what? i dont understand this, u can kill any melee with a commando in gunnery? without using tracer/grav? lool so much ******** good luck with that. 1 marauder keeps jumping to u on a warzone = ragequit.