Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Merc Stats. Alacrity for Arsenal's?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Bounty Hunter > Mercenary
Merc Stats. Alacrity for Arsenal's?

ArTexx
01.04.2012 , 12:29 PM | #1
Okay, I roll around as an Arsenal Merc. My question is should I stack on Alacrity? Well I have been only because I'm always using tracer missile's and such to cut the cast time down. Everything we do for the most part is casting. I want to back up my theory here. Let me hear your opinions.

ArTexx
01.05.2012 , 07:16 AM | #2
::Bump::

really searching for some opinions here.

Noodz
01.05.2012 , 07:21 AM | #3
I would say that Alacrity was more for Bodyguard. i think if you have too much Alacrity as dps then your heat will build up too quickly. You would be better off stacking Crit rating and Surge.

Zanadama
01.05.2012 , 07:44 AM | #4
I agree I would look for crit where able.

Brack
01.05.2012 , 07:47 AM | #5
I agree I tend to go for Crit but instead of surge i've been doing crit and accuracy, not much point in huge crits if you don't hit !

Zaldos
01.05.2012 , 07:54 AM | #6
I'd focus on Crit and Surge, our special abilities are already at 100%+3% from talents. You will most likely find items that include accuracy anyways
Character: Zaldos
Specialization: Arsenal Mercenary
Server: Sword of Ajunta Pall

ArTexx
01.05.2012 , 08:01 AM | #7
Awesome! Thanks guys. Now I know! I had a feeling I should have been stacking on Crit. But I also thought it made since to go alacrity since we cast a lot. But I guess more for healers then. Surge and Crit it is then! Thanks!

Crestlin
01.05.2012 , 08:50 AM | #8
Our tier gear is tailored around Accuracy/Power oddly enough. I'm tempted to use redundant tokens to get crit/surge enhancements/mods. Don't discount the merit of Accuracy, i have not been able to find any metrics for some reason(COMBAT LOG NAO PLEASE) but the reduced "defenses" associated with Accuracy could be OP if dodge/parry/absorption etc etc are negated.

Best way to judge if an AC needs Alacrity. Do you have primary skills over 1.5 second cast time? Yes/No If yes, get Alacrity.

xWhackoJacko
01.05.2012 , 11:46 AM | #9
I've found that once you hit 100% on your physical, you should stop going for accuracy. Unless of course, boss mobs require an extra 10% like some people on other threads have suggested.

As far as stat priority, definitely stack Crit. That should be your main secondary stat after Aim. Then a toss up between power and surge. With two piece, your tracer will almost always crit. But some alacrity doesn't hurt either. I have my tracer down to 1.3 cast.

I'm still trying to see if that 1.3 is a damage increase over say more power, but hard to tell until I get some kind of meter . Cheers.
"Scratch my back and I'll stab you in yours."
- Circle Takes the Square

Crestlin
01.05.2012 , 01:24 PM | #10
1.3 Tracer with 1.5 GCD... Wasteful