Why is it against the rules to make money in this game?

notafanboy

You are obviously making a big fuss over nothing. Its not very difficult to understand: Just dont screw with items that arent for you.

Bioware doesnt tolerate exploiting the way blizzard does (lol at single man farming trash mobs of highest level raid content for months). I am pretty much in favor of this.

How is farming exploiting? It's called playing the game. If Bioware doesn't want people farming items they shouldn't have mobs drop loot.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Next they will declare making alts for different crafting skills being a bannable offense.

It is possible. Technically you are violating their rules.

How is it violating rules to spend your money how you want and sell items for how much you want? If you don't want to pay for an overpriced item go out and get the materials yourself

Gosh darnit people, notafanboy is a troll and should not be fed anymore than he already has, i mean just look at his avatar he's the size of a Hutt for pete's sake.

You CANNOT be banned for using the GTN to make money STOP BEING FOOLED

So the GMs and Devs are Communist? Is that what you are implying?'

Not really. Communism is not about price fixing, but about sharing to make everyone equal. Price fixing is just one of the tools, not the only one nor the best.

Next they will declare making alts for different crafting skills being a bannable offense.

It is possible. Technically you are violating their rules.

wow if they start this it really will be the nail in the coffin, telling people what they can buy sell and hoard !!! what next ?

Gosh darnit people, notafanboy is a troll and should not be fed anymore than he already has, i mean just look at his avatar he's the size of a Hutt for pete's sake.

You CANNOT be banned for using the GTN to make money STOP BEING FOOLED

http://www.swtor.com/legalnotices/roc

Item B section 6

"You may not engage in any conduct or practice that results in an Account containing items, objects, currency, character attributes, rank, or status that are INAPPROPRIATE FOR THE LEVEL OR RANK of the character contained in the Account, i.e., "item loading,".

Yes you can, if the item you purchase/sell is to low/high for your level.

No I've been banned on my account for buying and reselling items on the galactic trade market as Bioware says it.

You have not been banned. In fact, your account has no notes on it at all from the Terms of Service team - and nor does your 'alt' account under the same name and address.

If you have a third alt with a different username, feel free to PM me directly with it and I'll investigate that too. The email image you linked to may not have been created by you, but it is a fake.

If you have any issues with accessing the game, please contact Customer Service.

For the record, 'playing' the Galactic Trade Network is part of everyday, normal gameplay and is expected to happen in Star Wars: The Old Republic. No-one has been banned for their actions on the GTN.

As a general note, I would advise caution before assuming someone who is posting that they are 'banned' is actually banned.

Edited by StephenReid