Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

The game isn't the problem


darthdoll's Avatar


darthdoll
01.05.2012 , 11:35 AM | #171
Quote: Originally Posted by zolthie View Post
Basically, everyone against vital MMO things that should be implemented are telling people they are spoiled.

We're all spoiled in the western world, beds to sleep in, fresh water every morning. We should all go back to our roots, kind of how they are living in most parts of Africa today. We shouldn't have clean water, barely any food and we should all inject some serious viruses into your bodies, we're just spoiled to have what we have in the western world.

Braindead arguments that makes no sense. You can deny it if you want, but that doesnt change the fact that this game will not last very long if they don't implement these things that a MMO needs to survive today.
Mhm, Where have I heard "wont last very long" before?

WoW when it came out?
EQ when it came out?

Before those too?

See you in 7 years.

Pandas ------>

EDIT:

Your analogy is horrible btw.

youwillburn's Avatar


youwillburn
01.05.2012 , 11:36 AM | #172
This is such a stupid argument. Using this logic, everyone can be excuse for making inferior products because "when the competition first started, they were just as bad as this."

Mrgorgun's Avatar


Mrgorgun
01.05.2012 , 11:36 AM | #173
I am so sick and tired of the WoW comparison,granted this game aint the flawless out there or doesnt bring a genre breakin change to the table but cmon ffs..arent you tired of that 7 year old pos game already??? If you want wow,go play that game,why does it have to be star wars universe wow? which already is more than enough similar tbh...

DLvegas's Avatar


DLvegas
01.05.2012 , 11:36 AM | #174
I really don't understand the need for DPS meters and threat meters or whatever. Macros? Get a clue guys.

You may as well ask for a button which plays the game for you then notifies you when you get a loot drop. Thats how simple you make it by using so-called addons.

Take control and stop letting the game play you!
Leader of Digital Legion, a European PvP Guild

Kemosobe's Avatar


Kemosobe
01.05.2012 , 11:37 AM | #175
Quote: Originally Posted by lueckjathom View Post
No, but single player games are not living communities, and MMO's do, in fact, change to meet the needs of the communities.

Hopefully, BW is focusing on fixing the glaring bugs they have right now. After that, we will begin to see the additions and changes that the community, or what BW perceives as the largest portion of its subscriber communty, want to have implemented.

It won't be next week's patch or probably next month's patch... but the changes will come. Look at Rift.. the game launched without addons. The forums were on fire with people who did and didn't want them, just like this game. It took a long time, but guess what Rift has now? Addons.

MMO's change. If there is a feature that a large majority of the community wants, it will happen sooner or later.
I have no problem with add-ons. If people want to create/use add-ons that make the game play itself so they can smash their face against the keyboard and win, go ahead and use them. What I hate is how most people come onto the forums (not necissarily this thread) and just complain how Bioware needs to put straight into the game something they they want simply because they have no clue how to play the game without it.

EDIT: Also, I forgot to say in my previous post that Skyrim, Doom, Oblivion, and most other games that have mods and such are single player ONLY games. Having mods for you to personally use will not effect anyone else in anyway. When you start making/using add-ons in a multiplayer scenario is when shat starts hitting the fan and people start F'ing up other's experience.
Quote: Originally Posted by GalacticKegger View Post
Curious how many would stand in the street staring down an oncoming garbage truck because they don't have DBM telling them to get out of the way.
Quote: Originally Posted by KROSSDARK View Post
Yeah I feel sorry for the devs. The new breed of gamers are so %$$#&^%

wigo's Avatar


wigo
01.05.2012 , 11:39 AM | #176
Quote: Originally Posted by Lyvean_gr View Post
No, you are wrong. TOR is being criticized because it misses VITAL MMO tools and MMO gameplay. TOR is being criticized because it has copied WoW in almost all ways BUT it hasn't perfected/improved anything. The new and exciting things it offers are mainly single player.

Besides, things evolve. TOR seems like it has missed the last 7 MMO years in MANY areas.

And that is why it's being criticized and fairly so. No vision at all.
The lack of Vision is on those that don't understand that this game is it's core.

If you are building a new MMO, you build a Base Core, perfect it, refine it, then once you feel good about it, you add to it.

Let's say it was released with every single add-on you wanted to start....then, a couple of months down the road they find a glaring flaw and have to change the way something operates, not only do they now have to change the Core, they have to spend even more time adapting the systems that were desinged around that Core to fit the new design. If it was only the "ONE" add-on that was effected, then the work to implement the fix was just doubled, but more times than not, a CORE Change is going to effect more than just one other option and would severly hamper the "fixing" process. When it's time to implement they can devote their full attention to it, making it top priority.

The Core of this game is Solid, and has room for everything you, I , and others want (add-on wise) and can and probably will be implemented, but not until it is time.

Zilliman's Avatar


Zilliman
01.05.2012 , 11:39 AM | #177
Quote: Originally Posted by OorahDoc View Post
Target of Target was not released with WoW.
Neither was the integrated threat system.(Was 3rd party addon.)
See above.
Damage meter was also 3rd party.
Macros? Really? I've pretty sure there was a point in time that rogues could make a macro and just spam it and pull 10k dps at one point in time.

WoW was successful because it was polished and adhered to the masses. Not because of these addons.
yeah 3rd party addons, at least someone, somewhere could write them ...

and the other most stupid argument "I do not want to be rich because... "

just because someone may abuse or exploit an ability or feature of the game, does not mean that it is better if the feature did not exist at all

they should have age restrictions on these forums

lueckjathom's Avatar


lueckjathom
01.05.2012 , 11:40 AM | #178
Quote: Originally Posted by zolthie View Post
Basically, everyone against vital MMO things that should be implemented are telling people they are spoiled.

We're all spoiled in the western world, beds to sleep in, fresh water every morning. We should all go back to our roots, kind of how they are living in most parts of Africa today. We shouldn't have clean water, barely any food and we should all inject some serious viruses into your bodies, we're just spoiled to have what we have in the western world.

Braindead arguments that makes no sense. You can deny it if you want, but that doesnt change the fact that this game will not last very long if they don't implement these things that a MMO needs to survive today.
Comprehension fail.

OP said nothing along the lines that these feature's shouldn't or don't need to implemented.

Point is, expecting every single feature you have grown spoiled with by long-standing high profit industry-leading games to be in a new game the day of launch is unrealistic and doesn't happen.

They do need to be and will be implemented, over time, as with any other game.

GalacticKegger's Avatar


GalacticKegger
01.05.2012 , 11:42 AM | #179
Curious how many would stand in the street staring down an oncoming garbage truck because they don't have DBM telling them to get out of the way.
"I bled protecting The People's right to free speech; thus I reserve the right to make them bleed for abusing it."
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ~ Edmund Burke‎
"There is no instance of a country having benefitted from a prolonged war." ~ Sun Tsu

zolthie's Avatar


zolthie
01.05.2012 , 11:42 AM | #180
Quote: Originally Posted by teradek View Post
Really doubt it, cause you are on here crying for crutches to help you complete something. Since you called them stupid im guessing you are a DPSer and you attempted a hard mode(more than likely BT or Ess on normal) and you pulled all the aggro died, then proceeded to yell at the tank and healer instead of looking at yourself. Honestly this thread you created is "stupid" and most people in here are fine out having any of the above and are not on here crying because they are finding ways around it.

again LEARN TO PLAY.
Thanks, but I've done every hardmode flashpoint several times, both with questing gear and with good gear. They are all easy.

Again, I can play, addons doesn't learn anyone to play, stop being clueless.