Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The randomness dominating crew skills

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
The randomness dominating crew skills

Stormseeker
01.05.2012 , 10:06 AM | #11
The-Light-Shadow, I'm perfectly fine with you disagreeing with the points I made and you disagreed with those points in exactly the way that I knew someone would. I also understand the points you make about it having an element of randomness inherent in it to "reward" people in a way for being dedicated to their chosen profession. This why I have so many problems with it.

I have been attempting to learn as many patterns as I can in an attempt to become the most complete Cybertech on my server. I want to be able to make everything people want or need from the Cybertech craft.

This is precisely the reason why I chose Cybertech in the first place over something like Armstech or Armormech. I have always tried to make the most profit possible out of my profession choices in MMOs and this is why the current system frustrates me.

I can't really speak on how to tweak the system to make it less random but it would be nice to be given a little bit of control over our crew skills.

The-Light-Shadow
01.05.2012 , 11:22 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Stormseeker View Post
The-Light-Shadow, I'm perfectly fine with you disagreeing with the points I made and you disagreed with those points in exactly the way that I knew someone would. I also understand the points you make about it having an element of randomness inherent in it to "reward" people in a way for being dedicated to their chosen profession. This why I have so many problems with it.

I have been attempting to learn as many patterns as I can in an attempt to become the most complete Cybertech on my server. I want to be able to make everything people want or need from the Cybertech craft.

This is precisely the reason why I chose Cybertech in the first place over something like Armstech or Armormech. I have always tried to make the most profit possible out of my profession choices in MMOs and this is why the current system frustrates me.

I can't really speak on how to tweak the system to make it less random but it would be nice to be given a little bit of control over our crew skills.
You just have to keep plugging away and don't give up. As soon as you get that purple you'll have an amazing sense of accomplishment, and you'll be happy that it was so hard to get, because that means it is less likely for someone else to be as complete as you are.