Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Reuseable potions are fantastic - reusable adrenals/stims are a horrible idea

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Reuseable potions are fantastic - reusable adrenals/stims are a horrible idea

The_Archon
01.03.2012 , 02:59 PM | #71
ITT: still-enraged slicers looking to share the misery of not being able to exploit.

Ever look at the components those purples require in order to craft? It's basically raid gear people. Of course you're going to pick the very end of the line best stat gear to hold up as being OP.

And if you really boil it down, the cost and time required to level to 400, AND get the mats, AND buy the recipe (35k, somewhere near there?) you could set yourself up with consumable stims from 1-50. They are dirt cheap. I know, I sell them for dirt cheap.

Lord_Itharius
01.03.2012 , 10:51 PM | #72
Quote: Originally Posted by The_Archon View Post
Ever look at the components those purples require in order to craft? It's basically raid gear people. Of course you're going to pick the very end of the line best stat gear to hold up as being OP.
Actually, I was able to craft all three Rakatas after 3 days of hard mode BT and FE.

My suggestion is to remove the Biochem requirement on non-Rakata reusables. Might gut the stim/adrenal market, but Biochem can always still sell implants.
"can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will be boxed after sword is out." - battlebug

BlindingShadow
01.03.2012 , 11:14 PM | #73
Ok... Here's the thing. I'm a biochem, but I didn't go that for myself. I went for my guild.

Now, it's annoying to not be able to pass out reusable stims, but the funny thing I noticed is that the blue ones are actually BETTER than the reusable ones. This is where is evens out. As a biochem, I will never use a blue stim, because I am addicted to constantly having myself stimmed up. But my guildmates will have a larger boost when we do raids/ PvP/ endgame PvE than me becasue I will make them blue stims/ lvl 400 purples (which are better) because that's my job. They supply me some operating money, I spend all my time getting excess supplies to have stims that are better than what I use. They will be better off than me.

As long as you have a dedicated crafter in the guild (or a few) who you supply with money from time to time, you will be better off than any Biochem user under most circumstances.
Umbras Quis, Republic Special Forces
Smuggler; Scoundrel
Prophecy of the Five Server

Chorusgirl
01.04.2012 , 12:26 AM | #74
Quote: Originally Posted by deserttfoxx View Post
Biochem requires biochem 400 to use the items.

I didnt say it was a bug or a glitch dude read, it gives 585 to any stat you decide to make. do you not understand how much of a buff that is? Clearly you dont because you dont.

And its permanent, this is a balance thing, not a bug or a glitch report.
You can make the items and drop Biochem. I did and still use my stim, adrenal and medpac
<Cali Killed Nox>
Prophecy of Five
Progression Raiding Guild

CapuchinSeven
01.04.2012 , 06:19 AM | #75
Quote: Originally Posted by Eukament View Post
MMO today -> find the most broken side of the game as fast as possible and exploit as much as possible before the developers notice. Repeat ad naseum.

Slicing got nuked, Biochem your time has come.
MMO today -> whining until everything is nerfed and then act superior about it like you are the angel of death casting judgement "Slicing got nuked, Biochem your time has come". You crack me up.
I know chop-knees.

Aepervius
01.04.2012 , 06:53 AM | #76
Quote: Originally Posted by Chorusgirl View Post
You can make the items and drop Biochem. I did and still use my stim, adrenal and medpac
That would be a bug because the requirement clearly state that it require a biochem level to be able to be used. So don#t count too much on it.
Tempus Fugit : Omnes Vulnerant, Ultima Necat Ergo Memento Mori .

SynapseX
01.05.2012 , 11:20 AM | #77
Quote: Originally Posted by Aepervius View Post
That would be a bug because the requirement clearly state that it require a biochem level to be able to be used. So don#t count too much on it.
The Rakata versions have no requirements listed, only the basic epic versions.