Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Hard mode soa And hard mode Bonethrasher.

andretious's Avatar


andretious
01.05.2012 , 09:58 AM | #1
Hard mode soa the lightning orbs are buggy and go invis. Can't detect them with any nameplates on making them just flat out own people at random.

As for hard mode bonethrasher he randomly knocks people back and swipes people behind him for one shot deaths and knock backs into the pit. Also after one attempt the boss does not reset properly.

Please fix the end game content. Alot of us are now raiding and these are serious bugs to us and should be top priority.

CHRISGG's Avatar


CHRISGG
01.05.2012 , 10:01 AM | #2
Bonethrashers knockback is avoidable, its a frontal cone thing that the person hes chasing needs to watch for (he stops to cast both of his frontal cone things so its pretty obvious)
AKA Faction
50 Sage, Wound in the Force
Check out my YouTube channel, tons of SW:TOR videos!

dorkvid's Avatar


dorkvid
01.05.2012 , 10:01 AM | #3
For soa, we had very little problems with the orbs. Didn't down him (lacking the dps to burn him in final phase) but the key to the orbs is to have whoever they are tracking needs to run into them and explode them. It does about 6-8k damage, but with a bubble the damage is negligible and the balls go away instantly.

andretious's Avatar


andretious
01.05.2012 , 10:27 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by CHRISGG View Post
Bonethrashers knockback is avoidable, its a frontal cone thing that the person hes chasing needs to watch for (he stops to cast both of his frontal cone things so its pretty obvious)
apparently you didn't read what i typed. People are getting knocked back when behind him.

andretious's Avatar


andretious
01.05.2012 , 10:29 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by dorkvid View Post
For soa, we had very little problems with the orbs. Didn't down him (lacking the dps to burn him in final phase) but the key to the orbs is to have whoever they are tracking needs to run into them and explode them. It does about 6-8k damage, but with a bubble the damage is negligible and the balls go away instantly.
Problem is when someone gets thrown into the air and they have had an orb tracking them the orbs dissapear and aren't even found using nameplates. Then they randomely blast a person and they die.

andretious's Avatar


andretious
01.05.2012 , 10:34 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by dorkvid View Post
For soa, we had very little problems with the orbs. Didn't down him (lacking the dps to burn him in final phase) but the key to the orbs is to have whoever they are tracking needs to run into them and explode them. It does about 6-8k damage, but with a bubble the damage is negligible and the balls go away instantly.

Ya we are having our tank and our assassin dps taunt the orbs and pop cooldowns to take the hits and randomly people will pop defensive cooldowns and soak some orbs. Problem is when someone gets thrown in the air and they have a orb on them the orb dissapears and pwns someone after that while it's invis. So i'd say that's a bug hence my post .

engrey's Avatar


engrey
01.05.2012 , 10:42 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by andretious View Post
Ya we are having our tank and our assassin dps taunt the orbs and pop cooldowns to take the hits and randomly people will pop defensive cooldowns and soak some orbs. Problem is when someone gets thrown in the air and they have a orb on them the orb dissapears and pwns someone after that while it's invis. So i'd say that's a bug hence my post .
That is not even a hard mode bug, we tried Soa last night in 16-man and had a bad case of orbs and the pylon green aoe in phase 1 being invisible.
GM of<Proxy Jawas>A raiding progression guild

gramz's Avatar


gramz
01.05.2012 , 11:01 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by engrey View Post
That is not even a hard mode bug, we tried Soa last night in 16-man and had a bad case of orbs and the pylon green aoe in phase 1 being invisible.

For the balls there are ways to prevent them from going invis (have to stop them from targetting someone in the air, so as others have said, just use tanks to blow them up)

The AOE in phase 1 however, sometimes bugs for some people, doesnt for others. I guess just move if you see everyone else moving?

Spackle's Avatar


Spackle
01.05.2012 , 11:12 AM | #9
As far as I know, from people talking with GMs, lightning orbs turning invisible is NOT an intended game mechanic.

Yes it's apparent that if you explode your own orb they will stop in place and eventually despawn. That's not an issue anyone doing hardmode Soa is having trouble with..

It's when someone who's being targeted is either lifted or mindtrapped before they can hit their orb, that it visually disappears and generally kills people.

As for the green puddles in phase 1. It seems that it's a very rare case for very few people. Which can be 100% avoided by not hanging around the edge of the platform...