Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

HuttBall 101 - A Player Guide

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
HuttBall 101 - A Player Guide

Prophetic
01.04.2012 , 08:16 PM | #41
I love this guide! I direct all of my guildies to it. Pretty much explains all of the basic strategies to succeed at huttball in way more detail than I could ever explain it. Wish there was a guide like this written for Voidstar and Alderaan as well, but I guess those are more traditional type games, anyway, so they might not need such a detailed explanation.

Another little thing that I like to do, though, if you have a coordinated team (pre-made over mics, or just a team that knows how to play with each other), is combining the Trooper's pull with the Jedi's Force leap. Jedi falls into the pit, Trooper positions himself on the enemies goal line, both the Trooper and Jedi target the same guy in the pit, Trooper pulls an enemy from the pit, Jedi leaps at the enemy once the enemy lands and runs the ball in.

It's a fun technique if you're coordinated and the enemy team is smart enough to not position their guys near their goal line overlooking the pit.

Haha, then again, it might just be quicker to pass the ball, but it's entertaining when you pull if off.

Suzina
01.05.2012 , 01:21 AM | #42
Great guide. I discovered that acid-jump in beta, and I'm still the fastest to the ball.
Member of Bane Fleet

Endel
01.05.2012 , 06:30 AM | #43
Nice guide OP!

Will certainly direct some people here
Scoundrel
Operative
Only a few are looking forward with optimism...

sKyloo
01.05.2012 , 07:20 AM | #44
Two wrong things...

1) Air Vents, you can control the air vents, if you run on it, and go from the center, a slightly bit in the direction you want be thrown. Works 90% of the time.

2) You get Sprint at 14!

thx!

krakken
01.05.2012 , 08:36 AM | #45
You left out mute your volume in while playing the game. Its the most annoying voice overs in mmo history.
BH from the word go.....and here is a video of my killing technique.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuigcXvcy1A

salamanderx
01.05.2012 , 08:44 AM | #46
Read by average player (me!) and understood!

Great guide, a few things there I really never thought of *yet*

Also what is the advantage of actually winning huttball? I seem to get a lot of commendations (playing a merc so top of damage/kills) either way, though I have yet to spend any lol.
MAY THE FARCE BE WITH YOU

pangwl
01.05.2012 , 10:06 AM | #47
Ask Tim Tebow for the extra tips on how to throw a ball.
Arradan | Jedi Sentinel | Republic Centurion

Masturomenos
01.05.2012 , 10:57 AM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by krakken View Post
You left out mute your volume in while playing the game. Its the most annoying voice overs in mmo history.
No second worst first one is ur droid companion constantly spmming in your ear 'oh master i was wondering if there is anything i can do to please u'

Also to add to my post one page back since now its a open hax to add to the list. Dont forget u can instantly kill a enemy in ur endzone by force pulling them up to where u spawn.
Worlds greatest PvP guild US Army 75th R.R. "Rangers Lead the Way" Formerly (Scarybadlady & Droppinloads of Banished-Rift)(Masturomenos, Restopharian, Swalowmylight, Drwitch & More of Infernal Affairs-WoW) (Scarybadman of Imperial Affairs, Bootyhunter & Scarybdlady of Spacebar Heroes-SWTOR)

Dashall
01.05.2012 , 01:05 PM | #49
Good tips. I just feel like my particular class is ill suited for this WF. Commando is immobile, fairly squishy, no force leap or speed, little CC and CC breaks. I can support and pass the ball but I still feel my spot would be better used by a tank or sage.
That said I haven't played it all that much as Republic.
-Dash

Y-Yorle
01.05.2012 , 01:06 PM | #50
Great guide and a very nice read ^^
Valenth Guiran
Biochemist | Diplomat | Guardian
The Kestrel Minority @ The Progenitor (EU), Republic, Light RP
Heliste | Pyron | K'rdas | Elendus | Judia | Pretho | Nirav