Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Guide] Companion Crew Skill Bonuses -- Picking the Best Crew Skills for your Class

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
[Guide] Companion Crew Skill Bonuses -- Picking the Best Crew Skills for your Class

Bloudwedd
01.05.2012 , 12:40 AM | #11
*bump* for stickie

Bellaralo
01.05.2012 , 01:36 AM | #12
bump, stick it already!

Atreiya
01.05.2012 , 01:36 AM | #13
Yeah, I think this should get a sticky; it's a good complement to that other thread covering crew skills. I like that this is compact but detailed.
In war, victory. In peace, vigilance. In death, sacrifice. - Grey Warden Motto

and on a lighter note...Andraste's flaming sword! I know where babies come from! - Alistair

Sharee
01.05.2012 , 01:45 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by TheRealBowser View Post
Again, critical does not appear to effect gathering skills in the open world. I have yet to 'crit' on a node.
It definitely is possible to crit on gathering a node, however it seems to be extraordinarily rare. I have been playing since day 1 of early access, and i have crit on manual gathering exactly once. It was a slicing node, and it gave me a blue-border money box(along with a normal white-border one). The blue box contained about 500 credits while the white only contained about 100. (it was on corusant, during the first week of early access)

If i knew at that time how rare it was i'd have taken a screenshot

GunSpeed
01.05.2012 , 06:07 AM | #15
Nice guide! I appreciate the time spent on it!

Q: where do I get more schematics (Recipes)? Do they automatically received when I reach a certain crafting level (skill+)? Not the rare schematics though.

TheRealBowser
01.05.2012 , 06:57 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by GunSpeed View Post

Q: where do I get more schematics (Recipes)? Do they automatically received when I reach a certain crafting level (skill+)? Not the rare schematics though.
I don't understand your question. I am not entirely sure where every single schematic is. Some you can get via the auction house, others you can reverse engineer items for. It depends. Could you elaborate?

Also, thanks!

TheRealBowser
01.05.2012 , 07:11 AM | #17
Thanks Kaskali for helping me correct those typos, I appreciate it!

TheLastWolfman
01.05.2012 , 07:45 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by GunSpeed View Post

Hi OP, Nice guide mate, If you don't mind I would like to reference and put a link to it in my Armormech Guide.

In answer to the Question from GunSpeed. Check with your crafting trainer at the fleet or on planet. They will have new schematics as you level up your crafting skill. Also schematics can be found from missions and occasionally loot drops.

Regards
Wolf

Omite
01.05.2012 , 07:46 AM | #19
Nice guide!

I wish it wasn't pointless do to the fact that Biochem is the only useful crafting profession at lvl 50 once you start collecting gear from PvP, RAIDS and flash points.
The Darkmoon Legacy
DVEight - Darkness Sin - Scum and Villainy
Alts: Nihilis - Sorc, Evoll - Mara, Heater - Merc

davebushe
01.05.2012 , 07:54 AM | #20
Very helpful thanks. Good to see all the info gathered up.