Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Unexpected Low Framerates

Joejoegadget
12.13.2011 , 03:46 PM | #1
Here are my laptop's specs:

Intel Core I7-2630 QM @ 2 GHz
8 GB Ram
Geforce 540 M Video Card

I feel like I should be getting better than 15-20 FPS on Low Settings (with shadows turned off and Grass/Tree set to 35%)

Am I right? Or does my worse than I thought =/
Sho'Jin- Imperial Operative-- Sword of Ajunta Poll

Because everybody loves SoAP!

Haldirg
12.13.2011 , 03:50 PM | #2
try to update your video drivers, also check to see if the laptop uses the nvidia card for the game and not the integrated video graphics.

edit : there should be a program in the notification bar , next to the date and time on the lower right side of the screen. from there check to see if star wars the old republic is using the nvidia gpu

Joejoegadget
12.13.2011 , 04:20 PM | #3
I'm running windows 7

lualar
12.13.2011 , 04:23 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Joejoegadget View Post
I'm running windows 7
Doesn't matter what version of Windows you use, the issue is with the 540M as it uses Optimus and SWTOR might not be kicking in your 540 and instead use the onboard GPU.

There's plenty of posts about how to do it - I cant remember off the top of my head but you simply add the program to the NVIDIA list.

Also as already said, make sure you are using the latest official drivers (not the beta)
The Pythagoras Legacy on Nightmare Lands EU
Tetractys | SIS | OPs DPS | 50 ---- Upsilon | SWJ | PvP Tank | 50 --- Theorem | BHM | Healer | levelling

Joejoegadget
12.13.2011 , 04:45 PM | #5
The forums were just wiped... There really aren't any posts on it that I can find

Haldirg
12.13.2011 , 11:53 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by lualar View Post
Doesn't matter what version of Windows you use, the issue is with the 540M as it uses Optimus and SWTOR might not be kicking in your 540 and instead use the onboard GPU.

There's plenty of posts about how to do it - I cant remember off the top of my head but you simply add the program to the NVIDIA list.

Also as already said, make sure you are using the latest official drivers (not the beta)
yeap that's all you need to do , just add the program to a list so that it will use the Nvidia video card, keep looking at the notification bar where i said , you should be able to find the program.

Then just add swtor.exe to the list and you're golden.