Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Point of no return

Cosmotii
01.04.2012 , 05:15 PM | #1
Recently i found out one of my companions can become "More than just a companion", I neglected to use the flirt options in the past when speaking with them, and now their affection for me is past 6000. Now I'm wondering if it is too late to start up trying

So does anyone no If there is a point of no return when it comes to courting Companions, and if so, have I crossed it now?

Cosmotii
01.04.2012 , 06:10 PM | #2
bump
s

jtzako
01.04.2012 , 06:11 PM | #3
I'm not sure how it works exactly. I know I did skip one 'flirt' option on my trooper but things still progressed fine in the end.

Cosmotii
01.04.2012 , 06:31 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by jtzako View Post
I'm not sure how it works exactly. I know I did skip one 'flirt' option on my trooper but things still progressed fine in the end.
Fair enough, but I've skipped like 5 or 6 flirt options by now, and the last companion mission had no option at all, and it has been some time since they had another mission for me...

kiern
01.04.2012 , 07:21 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Cosmotii View Post
Fair enough, but I've skipped like 5 or 6 flirt options by now, and the last companion mission had no option at all, and it has been some time since they had another mission for me...
I can't say, that would require a response from someone who has skipped a lot of flirt options and then decided to pursue a romance.

In single player Bioware games, avoiding flirt options was a way to tell the game that you weren't interested in romance, and you would eventually enter the friend zone, with no option of going back. It makes sense. If you avoid 5 or 6 flirt options, that would indicate that you aren't interested, and they don't want to keep forcing it on you. However, being an MMO, they may not have it keep track in such detail, and it may be purely based on affection rating, and any flirting opportunity could lead to romance. <shrug>

Cosmotii
01.05.2012 , 01:56 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by kiern View Post
I can't say, that would require a response from someone who has skipped a lot of flirt options and then decided to pursue a romance.

In single player Bioware games, avoiding flirt options was a way to tell the game that you weren't interested in romance, and you would eventually enter the friend zone, with no option of going back. It makes sense. If you avoid 5 or 6 flirt options, that would indicate that you aren't interested, and they don't want to keep forcing it on you. However, being an MMO, they may not have it keep track in such detail, and it may be purely based on affection rating, and any flirting opportunity could lead to romance. <shrug>
Yeah, having never played a Bioware game I didn't know that, would be kind of a raw deal if I'm off limits from pursuing this simply because I didn't know any better. Not like I can reload an earlier save and try again... What a kick in the face seriously, putting in a point of no return in an MMO is not good thinking, if so then the only way I can do this is to reroll a duplicate alt.

I know its not core stuff but still.

Blackxdragon
01.05.2012 , 02:29 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Cosmotii View Post
Yeah, having never played a Bioware game I didn't know that, would be kind of a raw deal if I'm off limits from pursuing this simply because I didn't know any better. Not like I can reload an earlier save and try again... What a kick in the face seriously, putting in a point of no return in an MMO is not good thinking, if so then the only way I can do this is to reroll a duplicate alt.

I know its not core stuff but still.
Now you know better for next time. Point of no returns are a great thing, If I killed someone, I don't want to revisit and let them live (they were killed in the first place because I chosen them to be dead). When you roll your alts, then you know what to expect a little bit more.
"Savior, conqueror, hero, villain. You are all things, Revan, and yet you are nothing. In the end you belong to neither the light nor the darkness. You will forever stand alone." -Darth Malak

Zenomorf
01.05.2012 , 05:16 AM | #8
In one instance i noted it was a bad idea to flirt while in a conversation with my compasnion. She was telling me something about her personal life and i chose the flirt option and she promptly gave me a right ear bashing about not caring about what she was saying and made me feel like a right rat for trying it on with her lol. So maybe you have chosen the right way to go with ya companion. Sod getting nagged ingame as well as real life lol.