Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Win\Lose Ratio Imp vs Rep

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Win\Lose Ratio Imp vs Rep

Seethreepeo
01.05.2012 , 02:03 AM | #1
From the Official Post earlier
"Bad news for Republic players, though - the Empire currently leads overall, having won 53% of all Alderaan Civil War and Voidstar matches (across all servers). Huttball has been played the most, accounting for 39% of all matches – and yes, we’ll be adding a new same faction vs. same faction enabled Warzone in the future."

Surely this cannot be a suprise to anyone?? Tbh i thought it would be even more in our favour, we have generally speaking at least 70% of the population on every server thus have more lvl 50s to enter the PVP warzone and faceroll with the significant effect expertise has.

They havent Acknowledged this though as it would be admiting the system is flawed at the mo.
"Your father he is."

corebit
01.05.2012 , 02:09 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Seethreepeo View Post
From the Official Post earlier
"Bad news for Republic players, though - the Empire currently leads overall, having won 53% of all Alderaan Civil War and Voidstar matches (across all servers). Huttball has been played the most, accounting for 39% of all matches – and yes, we’ll be adding a new same faction vs. same faction enabled Warzone in the future."

Surely this cannot be a suprise to anyone?? Tbh i thought it would be even more in our favour, we have generally speaking at least 70% of the population on every server thus have more lvl 50s to enter the PVP warzone and faceroll with the significant effect expertise has.

They havent Acknowledged this though as it would be admiting the system is flawed at the mo.
Instead of fixing the faction imbalance problem, they just create MOAR same-faction battlegrounds. Pure genius /s

How long before they make Ilum same-faction too because Imps will be complaining there are no Republic to find for their new "kill x quest"?

Then we can lay the final nail on this game, rename it Star Wars: The Old Empire, and everyone moves on to GW2?
Account Cancelled 7/31/2012

sparkvolt
01.05.2012 , 02:30 AM | #3
I don't know where they pulled those numbers from but it's more like 80% win for the imperials in Alderaan and Voidstar.

3-4 level 10, 11, 12, and < 20 in your group doesn't help matters much. I wish these lowbies would go and level instead of trying to play Obi Wan Kenobi in Warzones and take on the level 50 Sith Inquisitors.

tonpu
01.05.2012 , 02:56 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by corebit View Post
Instead of fixing the faction imbalance problem, they just create MOAR same-faction battlegrounds. Pure genius /s

How long before they make Ilum same-faction too because Imps will be complaining there are no Republic to find for their new "kill x quest"?

Then we can lay the final nail on this game, rename it Star Wars: The Old Empire, and everyone moves on to GW2?
How would you fix a faction imbalance without causing more headaches? A game with 2 factions will ALWAYS have a faction imbalance.

Implement a queue system that forces servers to have an equal ratio at all times?
- Then casual players wont be able to log on because of the hardcore players.

Forcing servers to have faction quotas pre launch?
- Friends that would want to play the game later wont be able to play with their friends that started earlier.

These "solutions" will not come without consequences.

Lets look at the solutions other games used.

DAOC
- 3 factions, which is as balanced as it can get.
WOW
- Created BGS to "fix" the faction imbalance pvp issue, but at the same time killed world pvp. However, this solution doesn't fix the issue entirely, because the faction with more people will have more hardcore players.
- Cross server BGS - spreads the hardcore players out so the imbalance has less of an impact on an individual server, but kills all sense of server community and rivalry.
- Create a FOTM race that looks "cooler" than the other faction. Blood Elves vs Draenei. - Lucas arts will throw a fit, but hey, I'd want to play an Ewok.

Draccman
01.05.2012 , 02:57 AM | #5

Or the republic will complain that there are 500 imps just camping the zone and they cant kill anyone.
trololol

Darkloves
01.05.2012 , 04:58 AM | #6

Don't like it, why are you still here? Game just came out.. Sorry this isn't Carebear WoW or actual Carebears online..

Don't like the game, don't play it. You want to complain actually give constructive criticism. Its always easiest to whine the give a solution. And whining never gets anyone anywhere productively.

mimbs
01.05.2012 , 05:00 AM | #7
are u ppl actually complaining about 53%? srsly its so easy to carry ur team to victory anyway in most games that you should be ashamed for complaining at all.

denpic
01.05.2012 , 05:07 AM | #8
if we could actually pvp without the extreme lag present in warzones the numbers might even out

for me warzones in its present state its unplayable and ive decided not to participate in warzones until this improves.

world pvp is fine i have no lag at all, enter a warzone and its painful...
pvp is highly competitive and if its not fluent its not worth doing

so until the warzones lag gets sorted its just world pvp for me

GyroGate
01.05.2012 , 05:12 AM | #9
I think the imbalance in factions is fine. I mean, 3 factions would without any doubt, be the most fun solution - but as it is right now, I don't mind playing the underdog.

I mean, playing as a Republic Trooper with a buddy of mine, we're bound to meet a lot of enemy players while we level up - so we're going to have our hands full all the while fighting the emo side.

Come Illum, we'll be doing everything we can to mess up the Imperial's Justin Bieber & Tokyo Hotel discussion groups there - no matter how much makeup we have to blast through.

You say faction imbalance? I say BRING IT ON!
Kai-Kan Europe
Grimes - Vanguard Extraordinaire

Darth_Vala
01.05.2012 , 05:16 AM | #10
47% vs. 53% surprisingly close. Just hope they dont make any too hasty decisions based on this 3% difference. I mean obviously they need to fix the animation lag for some combat moves to put them in balance with Imp side. Just hope this does not mean any nasty nerfs for imps...