Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Ability Delay -- Character Responsiveness (This will make or break SW:TOR)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Ability Delay -- Character Responsiveness (This will make or break SW:TOR)

Tiron_Raptor
01.05.2012 , 02:25 AM | #1011
Quote: Originally Posted by Snapdizzle View Post
It's not possible to get used to it. There is a randomness to the unresponivness ability queue system.

I did like the ping pong analogy.

I like the analogy where it's like trying to fight someone in RL. I tried to kick the guy in the balls, but I tried 3 times and it didn't work, and all this time he was punching me in the face.
Yeah the ability queue is kinda busted, and does introduce a slight delay if used. You can leave it on, however, and still get instant responses if you manage to hit only AFTER the GCD. It only delays you if you hit early, which triggers the queue.

If your playstyle is to spam the button repeatedly each time you activate it, setting the queue to 0.0 will ensure that your first post GCD hit will activate it instantly, without any delay from the queue.

I wouldn't suggest 0.0 in any other situation: the delay's better than having to wait while you realize it didn't go off and have to hit it again. Maybe try setting it to 0.25 and trying to get the timing precise: if you miss, the queue catches and it goes off with a bit of a delay. If you hit, it goes off instantly.
One day my body will be able to take my brain out in public without it embarrassing us.

Liquid_Drano
01.05.2012 , 02:28 AM | #1012
I'd like to hear from someone who has any knowledge of the inner workings of game creation, coding, whatever goes on. Can we be optimistic about something even being done? I mean, I'd rather know that drastically altering an engine can't truly be done than hoping for the game getting awesome character responsiveness.

I mean, isn't changing something like this extreme? Like drastically altering the very engine used to create the game? I don't know. I ask those who do.

Thanks for replies. Here's to hoping something can and will be done. This game is so close to being great, for my part of it.

MichaelKage
01.05.2012 , 02:30 AM | #1013
I'm betting everyone of those who don't see the problem use their mouse to activate abilities, don't pvp, and when they do they stay there befouled and watch the scenery.

And if you say you don't care, it's okay it's your choice and i can respect that, but remember there are at least as many if not more people who see the problem and can't enjoy the game because of it.

If you say it's not your problem, well your wrong - IT IS your problem even if you don't see the ability delay and character responsiveness bugs because lots of players eventually leaving the game because of it will severely affect you too.

notice how i've said "eventually leaving" that dose not mean now or tomorrow or the next month it means probably when a better game comes out and it can be in the following weeks or in the following months.

Truth be told i see and experience the problem but i at this time do not care about it that much but i can see it making me quit when i eventually get bored of all the content or at least be a big part of my reason for quitting.

Don't get me wrong i love the game, and i want it succeed and get better and all the fluffy stuff but having sub par combat responsiveness in a combat orientated game is just wrong.
Controlled Chaos - EU Republic PvP guild - Hex Droid Server

Artthen
01.05.2012 , 02:31 AM | #1014
Because this thread has exceeded 1,000 posts, a new version has been created here. Please continue discussion within the new thread. Thanks!